Cheetah Cub

superbanshee03

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would try RDZ, they're not far from where I live and when I talked to Rob he seemed like a good guy. I have also seen his bike at Silver Lake and that thing runs!

394272[/snapback]

I would suggest RDZ also, but you haven't seen his bike at Silver Lake for a couple of years, maybe it was a customers bike. He hasn't run on anything but asphalt and sand tracks for a couple of years. His stock cylinder and cub programs are both working real good right now.

I would talk to Nate McCoy just because he is my builder and lives down the road from me. I do know he holds the record so far in our area for the most hp put out on a cub i think he dynoed at 117? Could be wrong if I am its more on fuel.

421850[/snapback]

hp numbers dont mean shit..my bors 77hp 4mm stock cyl bike ran right with 4mm cub motors makin 90 hp this weekend...

I was just saying someone who can get a 120hp motor on gas obviously knows what they are doing, I have seen his rides in person very clean...... He changed his carbs to alky and got almost 130, dont know anyone else with that........ And i dont know what is up with your bikes but im sure if you put the 120hp vs 77? my bet goes to the 120.

I was just saying someone who can get a 120hp motor on gas obviously knows what they are doing, I have seen his rides in person very clean...... He changed his carbs to alky and got almost 130, dont know anyone else with that........ And i dont know what is up with your bikes but im sure if you put the 120hp vs 77?  my bet goes to the 120.

421944[/snapback]

dynos can be meant to read anything..just cuz his dyno says 120hp doesnt mean that motor will make 120 on another dyno..i wouldnt get so wrapped up in hp numbers if i were you...im sure he builds a great motor..but with a cub motor there is very little to do with them and i highly doubt he has found some insane way to make his motor run that much better than a&s, k &t, packard, ssr and so on..to be honest with you, i dont hear of mccoy motors winnin a whole lot of anything over on Planet sand...and another thing, ssr built a 350 that runs 3.77 in 300 feet...cant be much more than a 80hp motor if that...what are the fastest times you hear of bikes runnin that are 120hp?? i bet not much faster than 3.77..tuning, setup, tires, frames, rider weight and so on have a lot to do with it..so check this...120hp motor in your stock frame vs 80hp 350 setup properly in drag frame..my bet goes to the 80...

dynos can be meant to read anything..just cuz his dyno says 120hp doesnt mean that motor will make 120 on another dyno..i wouldnt get so wrapped up in hp numbers if i were you...im sure he builds a great motor..but with a cub motor there is very little to do with them and i highly doubt he has found some insane way to make his motor run that much better than a&s, k &t, packard, ssr and so on..to be honest with you, i dont hear of mccoy motors winnin a whole lot of anything over on Planet sand...and another thing, ssr built a 350 that runs 3.77 in 300 feet...cant be much more than a 80hp motor if that...what are the fastest times you hear of bikes runnin that are 120hp?? i bet not much faster than 3.77..tuning, setup, tires, frames, rider weight and so on have a lot to do with it..so check this...120hp motor in your stock frame vs 80hp 350 setup properly in drag frame..my bet goes to the 80...

421983[/snapback]

I saw that video, but never saw a time slip for that 350 running 3.77, I believe it was posted in sand slingers also,, proper set up is important weather its on a stock frame or drag frame

Edited by madkaw

Anyway......... soooooooo......... Hey superbanshee03, did you ever get a cub motor??? Let me know if you still need anything!

hp numbers dont mean shit..my bors 77hp 4mm stock cyl bike ran right with 4mm cub motors makin 90 hp this weekend...

421899[/snapback]

421983[/snapback]

Don't take this the wrong way but,I can remember not to long ago when you were very wrapped up in dyno numbers.What made you change your mind?The first thing anyone would say when I would post about my motor was they wanted Dyno numbers.I was saying the same thing you are now,but still I was always asked for dyno sheets.

Like I said,don't take it the wrong way,I'm just confused.

Don't take this the wrong way but,I can remember not to long ago when you were very wrapped up in dyno numbers.What made you change your mind?The first thing anyone would say when I would post about my motor was they wanted Dyno numbers.I was saying the same thing you are now,but still I was always asked for dyno sheets.

Like I said,don't take it the wrong way,I'm just confused.

422286[/snapback]

well seeing a 350 run 3.77 for one..then also once i get my cub motor runin i see my bro with a 77hp motor run right beside me..thats enough for me to think that hp numbers dont mean shit...im always curious to see hp numbers when someone has a motor built..then i can go to PS and check thru their shit just to see how much variance there is between builders and dynos..the variance is huge which leads me to believe that these numbers mean very little..this weekend also made me think "f**k the hp" when my bros bike ran right along most of the cub motors there..even those guys were very surpised at how hard it launched and ran...hp is a real fun thing to look at, but as far as im concerned at this point it doesnt mean much to me...when it comes to cub motors i cant really see one builder blowing another out of the water...my cub came from a&s, but im not partial to them..i would have no problem runing a motor from k&t(they did my cr500 motor and it hauls), ssr, FAST, packard, and so on...

well seeing a 350 run 3.77 for one..then also once i get my cub motor runin i see my bro with a 77hp motor run right beside me..thats enough for me to think that hp numbers dont mean shit...im always curious to see hp numbers when someone has a motor built..then i can go to PS and check thru their shit just to see how much variance there is between builders and dynos..the variance is huge which leads me to believe that these numbers mean very little..this weekend also made me think "f**k the hp" when my bros bike ran right along most of the cub motors there..even those guys were very surpised at how hard it launched and ran...hp is a real fun thing to look at, but as far as im concerned at this point it doesnt mean much to me...when it comes to cub motors i cant really see one builder blowing another out of the water...my cub came from a&s, but im not partial to them..i would have no problem runing a motor from k&t(they did my cr500 motor and it hauls), ssr, FAST, packard, and so on...

422308[/snapback]

speaking of Planetsand was there ever a time slip posted for that 3.77 run?