Drag pipes?

ok i am down to the last couple of things to complete my bike. my mods are in my sign. expect for the lectron carbs comming. i am stuck between:

rockets

shearers

CPI'S

CPI out frame

and GRR outframe pipes

i am thinking outframe pipes are putting out more HP then the inframes but i could be wrong? please help me out.

If all you do is drag get the out of frame pipes....I would go with GRR for drag.

376113[/snapback]

WORD!!!

If its strictly a drag bike I dont think you could go wrong with the GRR out frames. If you want to go inframe i would vote shearer. Mine pull like a bat out of hell

i have run cpi, shearer and grr. grr pull the hardest rev out most and create the most hp and torque on my bike. call andy tell him what the specs are on your bike,he will build you a set of pipes, same side, one out each side, wichever you prefer,to your engines displacement and porting specs.1 616 642 6186.

GRR has some great looking pipes. A&S said that my GRR's would do fine with my CUB's, but I had a friend needing a set and my cubs aren't in yet so I sold them to him. I am getting the shearers that Dan has built for the cubs but I will also be dynoing them against the GRR's that I sold. My friend ran a 4.6 last weekend with a mild gas 350 stock swingarm and the GRR pipes, so something has to be right with them.

ok would i even be in competion w/ like the 7mm strokers or any of the big bores w/ my set up as following.

GRR outframe pipes

D&D cool head w/ 20cc domes on high octane fuel

4mm stroker w/ 5 mm long rods bored .20 over

v-force 3 reeds and spacers

stock frame and tranny and swingarm (but looking for a +6)

lectron carbs size still depending

and D&D port job

advance timing either 4 or 6 degress still depending

I personally like my shearer in-frames.Just because a bike has drag pipes,doesn't mean he's fast.I've beat bikes with drag pipes and have lost to some too.The in-frames make it more of a sleeper.Just my preference.

I personally like my shearer in-frames.Just because a bike has drag pipes,doesn't mean he's fast.I've beat bikes with drag pipes and have lost to some too.The in-frames make it more of a sleeper.Just my preference.

376646[/snapback]

why would anyone think an inframe would make less power than an out of frame? just curious!