250R or Banshee

moookie132

thank you for all your help guys, i am a tried and true two stroke person. i just am not interested in the 4 strokes yet. here in southern oregon you can get a brand new banshee for 5699.00 where a YFZ is 7000.00. i am sorry, but that is too much to pay for a bike. i have rode a YFZ and they are the closest to a 2 stroke but not quite. i am sure i will get a banshee.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thank you for all your help guys, i am a tried and true two stroke person. i just am not interested in the 4 strokes yet. here in southern oregon you can get a brand new banshee for 5699.00 where a YFZ is 7000.00. i am sorry, but that is too much to pay for a bike. i have rode a YFZ and they are the closest to a 2 stroke but not quite. i am sure i will get a banshee.

373114[/snapback]

I would never buy a brand new banshee. You can get a nice slightly used shee with many mods for a few thousand less than a new one.just leep an eye out in the forsale section. Alot of nice shee's that end up getting parted out because almost everyone on the board already has a shee or 2 or 3 :headbang:

i am sure you are right about buying a used one. but part of me wants a brand new bike that no one has ridden before. i dont have to rush into anything though, my big bore R is still in great shape.

thank you

Dave Duste jr

373167[/snapback]

As long as you get a banshee,we'll let you live.LOL! :rotflmao:

Banshees OWN the sand.

There is nothing else you need to know.

Well, maybe besides you can get Banshee parts all day long on the cheap.

Go to your local stealership and order some 250r parts. Get ready to bend over.

For all around bike the banshee would be my choice! As for dragging, I would get a 250R. Very light bike with some big balls. I went to Glamis this weekend on Fri/Sat, and my buddy has a 250r three wheeler which is the same motor as a quad 250r, he has a mild port and polish and he smoked me up the hill. Both were in 4th but he pulled away so fast!!! 250r's are fast as hell bro! :cheers: /

if you already have a banshee then go for a 250r. 250r has the best suspension and handles real good. even though the stock power output is nothing compared to the banshee, you can get its power up there. i would say the 250r could be more of an agressive sand duner since its suspension, and the banshee a hillshooter/draging bike in the sand. they are light and easy to handle. the 250r is a totaly different machine, get that and you have the best of both worlds.

who goes to the dealership to order parts anyway? truthfully 250r engine parts are cheaper than banshee parts, because its a single cylinder and not a twin. just think about it.

Edited by dEcon

• 2 weeks later...
If you are asking which is better on the dunes, just take a look around when you get there and see what everyone else is riding, or wishes they were riding.

370961[/snapback]

Amen, brotha !

who goes to the dealership to order parts anyway? truthfully 250r engine
Edited by SANDSTAR

Amen, brotha !

I thought about it and I decided,.................you are an idiot.

How many years did they produce the 250r?(less parts availability)

How many years has the Banshee been in production??? (parts everywhere)

If you own a Banshee, the dealership is the last place you go for parts.

With a 250r, you don't really have much of a choice.

Even if you do find a part on e-bay, it's at least 15 yrs old.

380260[/snapback]

HUH, Aftermarkert parts are as plentiful for the R's as the shee's. Not quit sure what your talking about there. :blink:

I have both a banshee and a 250R. The Shee is way better in the dunes, but the R kicks butt on the trails and the track.

i dont know where u get the idea from that just because r's were made in 86-89 that parts wont be avalible. their are numerous companies who still make parts for the r. at one point r's became popular and companies began making parts for them. so u need to do your homework. now, who's the real idiot?

Edited by dEcon