250R or Banshee

moookie132

In my opinion i think if someone thinks a 250r can outrun a banshee they can . I have never saw banshee get beat by a 250r when it was a pretty even race so i would get a banshee.

Then you've never seen my liitle honda run!

AlmostDoneBanshee001.jpg

Motor006.jpg

Edited by Pest

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion i think if someone thinks a 250r can outrun a banshee they can . I have never saw banshee get beat by a 250r when it was a pretty even race so i would get a banshee.

Then you've never seen my liitle honda run!

AlmostDoneBanshee001.jpg

Motor006.jpg

397397[/snapback]

Nice R, but pretty won't get you across the finish line first or you just got beat by mine. :huh: Seriously though, If I can't keep my front end down with a plus 4 swinger, you don't stand a chance in a drag with a stock one. ;)

RNBRAD.jpg

I spend a lot of time at the ISDRA dunes during the cooler months. I disagree with quite a few of you guys. I have seen a ton of modded gas banshee's get spanked by 250R's.

However the alky 250R's don't hold a candle to the alky drag banshee's

I myself like the way the 250R handles and the powerband 265R that has an agressive port job.

For the best of both worlds try getting an R chassis and put in a ported piped Banshee engine.

As far as stock handling goes i will go out on a limb and say the 87-91 LT250R handles the best. It is just underpowered stock. Oh can't keep it running either.

For the best of both worlds try getting an R chassis and put in a ported piped Banshee engine.

As far as stock handling goes i will go out on a limb and say the 87-91 LT250R handles the best. It is just underpowered stock. Oh can't keep it running either.

What??

I ride with some good riders that have 250r's, and they just flat out cant keep up.

This myth that 250r's handle SO much better in the sand than anything else is bullshit in my opinion. Stock verses stock, a banshee will pull hills better, will powerslide eaiser,will carve bowls faster, and will outrun the R in the flats. The only thing the R has going for it is the fact that you will be able to hold a wheelie more easily.

As for an LT, there is a reason those bikes are always parked near the tent dwellers out in Glamis. :rotflmao:

What??

I ride with some good riders that have 250r's, and they just flat out cant keep up.

This myth that 250r's handle SO much better in the sand than anything else is bullshit in my opinion. Stock verses stock, a banshee will pull hills better, will powerslide eaiser,will carve bowls faster, and will outrun the R in the flats. The only thing the R has going for it is the fact that you will be able to hold a wheelie more easily.

As for an LT, there is a reason those bikes are always parked near the tent dwellers out in Glamis. :rotflmao:

399379[/snapback]

I didn't say there were the better bike all around or a better duner.I also didn't say the 250rs ALWAYs WHOOPED upon gas banshee's either.

i just said for stock handling without any aftermarket mods I like the 250R better. And i have seen some REALLY fast 250R's whoop up on some fast bansee's.

Now my banshee has A-Arms shocks and soon to have a +4 swingarm. I'll take my banshee over any 250R.

Just like my comment about the LT's they handle great. I have 2. Notice my name?

Yeah my LT's haven't made a full 4-5 day trip without being put on the trailer early yet. I love the way they handle but they just don't stay together. 87-92 has a crappy chain adjustment method too. Thinking about a LT500CR or LT350Z depends on which i can get done cheaper( I already have a spare top end for a banshee just need the bottom end and exhaust). I have a complete spare LT chassis.

Only need motor, exhaust and electronics. Leave it naked and make people wonder. :evil:

Edited by Toybreaker

It's pretty and fast, has yet to lose to a ported stock stroke banshee. Not talking cubs here either. Last trip i took was to The Cinders For memorial day, took both my bikes and raced them numerous times on play hill and my banshee always lost by an average of 8 bike lengths

Banshee had the following mods: Full race Port, toomie T-5's, Stock carbs, V-Force reeds, Advaned timing.

Honda ESR350PV Stroker, 40.5 PWK, LRD Big Bore Pipe

Banshee has gone back to the shop for a set of cubs, shearer inframes, 35 PWK's

Since then I also ditched the LRD on the honda in favor of PTR high Rev and a 39PWK, and picked up 7 ponies.

When I get the banshee back, I don't plan on racing them agian, its costing way to much! :)

I will be heading to the cinders for Labor Day if anybody wan'ts a friendly race

Edited by Pest