250R or Banshee

moookie132

I was looking into getting another Banshee or a 250R with a 310 CT motor kit (not abused at all) THe banshee has mild upgrades, has the smallest CT porting job they offer (milled head, light porting, cool head, Toomeys)

My question what would be your opinion on these 2 bikes?

the honda is a 86 and the banshee is a 99

I can not seem to upload the pics of the bike soooooo if anyone can help or they can email me and I will send you the pics..

Edited by moookie132

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never lost to a 250R in a drag. (and I'm not even ported)  :D  I know the 250R's are some good bikes though.  I would take the banshee anyday though!

370770[/snapback]

For just duning,I'd probably get the 250R.There is some very fast 250's.Well ok,they are no longer 250's.They are really built to beat me.My banshee loves feasting on 250R's.If you get a banshee,do some porting,change to bigger carbs,etc...I think you'll like it.Pull in the clutch,rev it to the moon,then dump the clutch,you better be hanging on for your life.It's awesome.The only time a 250 can hang with me is before someone says go.I'll keep my banshee. :dance:

I dragged some insanely modded 250R's (probably more like a 370R) on flat hardpacked wet sand. They could get a holeshot on me due to extended swingarm and I had to severely sort shift to get the front end back down in 1rst- 3rd gear (stock swinger) but at 4th gear I'd real them back in and smoke by them in 5th and walk away in 6th. It was a long race, over 1/8 mile. If it would have been 300yrds my ass would have been grass. However If I had dumped the $ in my setup like they had other than just the motor it would have been much less of a contest. The 250r chasis and suspension is beter and it would be a tough call on the 2 bikes you mentioned, but the banshee can be modded to eat the 250R.

i would like everyones opinion also...i have a built 86 ATC295R. i have had it since i bought it brand new when i was 17. i am now considering going to the "dark side" and getting a quad. i am torn between a Raptor 660 or a Banshee. I have always been a 2 stroke person, what do you guys think is faster and better for the dunes, the 660 or banshee. thank you, by the way i still love my 295R and it will be hard to part with.

Dave Duste jr

i would like everyones opinion also...i have a built 86 ATC295R. i have had it since i bought it brand new when i was 17. i am now considering going to the "dark side" and getting a quad. i am torn between a Raptor 660 or a Banshee. I have always been a 2 stroke person, what do you guys think is faster and better for the dunes, the 660 or banshee. thank you, by the way i still love my 295R and it will be hard to part  with.

Dave Duste jr

371487[/snapback]

Raptor or Banshee for the dunes? The Banshee has been King since 1987.

If all you're going to do is putt though the dunes and enjoy getting beat,get the raptor.I've owned both.I decided to get rid of one of them.The raptor got sold.My raptor had a pipe,k&n,and a wiseco 11.1 piston and was still getting beat by my friends piped banshee.The raptor I had would not have any hope of beating my banshee.Well ok,maybe if the banshee run out of gas.

thank you, now one more question. i know that everyone is jumping on the yfz450 bandwagon, but can a piped banshee run with one??? i would much rather buy a new banshee when i retire my"R" , but i want a fast good machine and the yfz s are so overpriced right now.

To answer your question,here's what happened on our last trip to Little Sahara.One of my friends has a banshee with Pro-curcuit pipes and clamp-on K&N filters.That's it.My other friend has a YFZ 450 with a K&N filter and a HMF pipe.They were dead even through the gears,but the banshee was a little faster on top-end.I rode the YFZ,and it is a good bike.Very good bike for duning.Now consider the price of a yfz,then compare that to buying a used banshee and with the extra money putting it in the banshee.With that money you could get porting,pipes,bigger carbs.The yfz won't have a chance.