looking for more power

my shee is fast and all..

but im looking for some more power..

i have fmf fattys on power cores.

k&n fillter, boost bottle..

what is the best way to up my power..

once my pistons are gone im going with .40 wiscto kit..

so should i get a new head?? domes???

i wouldnt mind reaching the 100mph zone..

peace devin

reed cages, head and bump the compression some, timing plate, porting.

Only way your gonna hit 100 is if you change your gearing and get some good portwork done.....

366108[/snapback]

I tried nearly all the bolt-ons with little results.When I finally got it ported,that helped alot.Definitely get porting.Just get the head shaved.FMF's are ok,but there are better pipes.Shearer,cpi,etc...Bigger carbs(34 or 35 mm.) Gearing is also important.Your bike will be alot faster with these mods.It will surprise you.You'll probably need a longer swingarm.Really.

you could get a +4mm stroker crank or even a +7mm and get some better pipes, depending on wut power band you want. top end power, get rockets, cpi, or shearer. low to mid power, get paul turners or pro circuits.

what kind of riding do you do? to reach a speed of 100 mph your porting and gearing will not be good for much else other than going fast. i doubt thats gonna be a very good bike to run in the woods without a major gearing change. what types of riding are you gonna be doing?

i want to have alot of snap off the strart..

i do a lot of pit riding and jumps.. short trails..

and alot of wide open roads..

i dont really care if i get up to 100mph.. i can always change my gearing..

lots of drag racing to with other bikes to..

well im thinking.. port job.. new pistons , head,

now with a stroker??? what will the new crank do??

id like to keep my stock carbs to..

peace devin

i want to have alot of snap off the strart..

i do a lot of pit riding and jumps.. short trails..

and alot of wide open roads..

i dont really care if i get up to 100mph.. i can always change my gearing..

lots of drag racing to with other bikes to..

well im thinking.. port job.. new pistons , head,

now with a stroker??? what will the new crank do??

id like to keep my stock carbs to..

peace devin

366368[/snapback]

you could have a well rounded bike that will do 100, but you'll need a dialed in chassis to hold onto it at that speed, it will be geared high so you'll need great low end to pull tall gears in the trails, but could keep in 3rd and go so fast through trails you'll shit yourself, and have a great wide open trail bike, but keepng your stock carbs is not going to happen as soon as someone opens up your jugs with porting it will need lots more fuel and air, and to reach 100 youd need around a 17 up front, making gears like second and third break your arms they'll pull so long and hard, id shoot for a great low end port over a top end one for your riding anyday

Banjo...

Lighten the flywheel and advance the timing.

Recently made my shee a totally different animal. I was surprised how much easier it was to ride in the trails and keep it on the pipe...it almost removed the well known "Hit" from my T5's...

Because it revs faster...the power is there quicker...

For less than 100 bucks...you're missing out if you're not already there...

me too...

Still loving those T5's...Sandman.

Porting and a .010 over kit is gonna go in after this riding season...or, possibly durning it if shee gernades on me...

:headbang:

Lots of good porting gurus out there.

Eric Gorr and Passion seem to be some of the favorites here.

you could have a well rounded bike that will do 100, but you'll need a dialed in chassis to hold onto it at that speed, it will be geared high so you'll need great low end to pull tall gears in the trails, but could keep in 3rd and go so fast through trails you'll shit yourself, and have a great wide open trail bike, but keepng your stock carbs is not going to happen as soon as someone opens up your jugs with porting it will need lots more fuel and air, and to reach 100 youd need around a 17 up front, making gears like second and third break your arms they'll pull so long and hard, id shoot for a great low end port over a top end one for your riding anyday

366413[/snapback]

i agree. go with a low end port and gear it high. eric gorr does a real nice woods port that will easily pull a 17 tooth up front. youll def need bigger carbs tho to get the most out of just about any porting.

strap a rocket to your ass.

366518[/snapback]

I know Ray was out of Rockets for a while.

He lives about 20 miles from me. I've been waiting for him to let me know when the "loaner" set comes in...I want to try 'em out.

I'm looking forward to it...just still waiting...