Long travel suspension

sanddragon2004

What about so-cal fab, A friend of mine has thier front and rear l.t suspension. They use a uniball designed lower arm  and  are +3 +1 cycling a usable 13 1/2'' of travel and the craftsmenship is beutiful. The rear is a no-link with 14'' of travel , one of the best riding banshee's i have thrown a leg over.

383747[/snapback]

Have you tried Roll Design?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You cant have long travel suspension on a Banshee without unridable bumpsteer, jeez guys. :P There is no need for any more discussions, opinions, questions or anything on this subject. Monkeyboy, start berating these guys with there silly long travel fantasy.

You cant have long travel suspension on a Banshee without unridable bumpsteer, jeez guys. :P  There is no need for any more discussions, opinions, questions or anything on this subject.  Monkeyboy, start berating these guys with there silly long travel fantasy.

383919[/snapback]

bought time you showed up again. <_<

whats up dude?

bought time you showed up again.  <_<

whats up dude?

383956[/snapback]

Iv been listin' Banshee parts in the Online Auction section and I still browse the boards. I just keep my mouth shut tho after the ass reamin' I got for no good reason. When I read this thread it just got me goin' again and I had to play devil's advocate and stoke the fire. I really don't feel welcome here, so I'm gonna continue to lurk and read. I still enjoy most of the personalities here, so I still visit, but keep quiet.

Iv been listin' Banshee parts in the Online Auction section and I still browse the boards.  I just keep my mouth shut tho after the ass reamin' I got for no good reason.  When I read this thread it just got me goin' again and I had to play devil's advocate and stoke the fire.  I really don't feel welcome here, so I'm gonna continue to lurk and read. I still enjoy most of the personalities here, so I still visit, but keep quiet.

Hey Denny, glad to to see you're still alive.!

I really don't feel welcome here, so I'm gonna continue to lurk and read. I still enjoy most of the personalities here, so I still visit, but keep quiet.

383976[/snapback]

ya the people are the only reason im still here. recently ive been hittin a new forum. its pretty small, but it gets hitup by a few reputable builders. dan wade and such. lemme know if youre interested.

You cant have long travel suspension on a Banshee without unridable bumpsteer, jeez guys. :P  There is no need for any more discussions, opinions, questions or anything on this subject.  Monkeyboy, start berating these guys with there silly long travel fantasy.

383919[/snapback]

How many LT set ups have you ridden? I love mine, And i wouldnt trade if for the world!

Go talk to Eric at elka hell tell yo uall you need to know about our Long travel kits.

retail is 775. Guys intersted in a set of LT a arms on here PM me I will work you a "DEAL".

Iv been listin' Banshee parts in the Online Auction section and I still browse the boards.  I just keep my mouth shut tho after the ass reamin' I got for no good reason.  When I read this thread it just got me goin' again and I had to play devil's advocate and stoke the fire.  I really don't feel welcome here, so I'm gonna continue to lurk and read. I still enjoy most of the personalities here, so I still visit, but keep quiet.

383976[/snapback]

What happened? <_<

Now I know why some feel Meat is a whiney Bitch. I feel for you guy. Send me an invite to the pity party and I will come.

But back to the subject at hand. There are very few Long Travel / Long Shock setups for the Banshee because the market is so small compared to the new four strokes.

Most of these are by the smaller players in the industry. Many of the are fly by night companies, hence I am skeptical.

Trust me, I am only trying to keep people from spending their hard earned money on crap.

My a arms are crap. Better than stock, but nowhere near where they should be.

When I can afford a change, it will be to Roll/Elka. Just my preference.

It's easy to take a new suspension, ask a few questions, and find out if the manufacturer is trying to make a good setup, or just a few easy dollars. That's all I want to do.

Now I know why some feel Meat is a whiney Bitch. I feel for you guy. Send me an invite to the pity party and I will come.

But back to the subject at hand. There are very few Long Travel / Long Shock setups for the Banshee because the market is so small compared to the new four strokes.

Most of these are by the smaller players in the industry. Many of the are fly by night companies, hence I am skeptical.

Trust me, I am only trying to keep people from spending their hard earned money on crap.

My a arms are crap. Better than stock, but nowhere near where they should be.

When I can afford a change, it will be to Roll/Elka. Just my preference.

It's easy to take a new suspension, ask a few questions, and find out if the manufacturer is trying to make a good setup, or just a few easy dollars. That's all I want to do.

384178[/snapback]

I hope that you dont think we are just trying to make a few dollars. Have been no indications on our part that would indicate that I hope.

I hope that you dont think we are just trying to make a few dollars. Have been no indications on our part that would indicate that I hope.

384211[/snapback]

Not at all. I asked you a few basic suspension geometry questions, and you answered them. Nothing in detail, but enough for me to get a feeling that you knew what you were looking for when you designed the arms.

It's pretty easy to tell when someone has just copied what they saw on someone else's design, and have no clue what the design is for, and the effects on handling. Things like bump steer, ball joint angles, motion curves, and the like are not taken into account, and while it may seem better than stock, it won't handle like it should.

I wish I knew all of this when I bought my suspension. I am just trying to save the next guy.

Not at all. I asked you a few basic suspension geometry questions, and you answered them. Nothing in detail, but enough for me to get a feeling that you knew what you were looking for when you designed the arms.

It's pretty easy to tell when someone has just copied what they saw on someone else's design, and have no clue what the design is for, and the effects on handling. Things like bump steer, ball joint angles, motion curves, and the like are not taken into account, and while it may seem better than stock, it won't handle like it should.

I wish I knew all of this when I bought my suspension. I am just trying to save the next guy.

384237[/snapback]

It is a lot of work. Our fabricators have worked very hard, to come up with a product that we feel is worth slaping our name on. But dont take our word for it. Feel free to contact Guys like elka and ask them about the Sanddragon Motorsports a arms and swing arms.

384237[/snapback]

Which suspension setup do you have?