Long travel suspension

sanddragon2004

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ben, you get the frame and motor and ship it my way. itll be a good winter project...youll have the fastest 250r around..

Do it Ben ! Run big-ass 19 inch shocks, 250r frame, and make it RZ powered and you got a pretty neat kwad. It would be a great desert XC racing machine ;) You'd prolly need a longer swingarm like a +1 possibly.

it would be nice to see someone give a shee 250r front geometry w/o buying those expensive aftermarket frames. just rake the front end and move the front closer together.

There really is more than that to it. You need to take in account the steering stem placement, the pivot points of the steering stem, and the ball joint angles.

There's quite a bit of work to do it right.

i believe you would also have to take into account the forward motor mounts. when narrowing the front that much you have to move those around a lil bit.

This is the kinda brainstorming I was hoping to hear in the orig long travel thread.

Is it absolutly impossible to modify a stock Banshee frame to work with long travel shocks ?

Could a weld-in, long travel frame kit be fabbed up and reproduced ?

gotta agree with the little period man, aka mighty abyss. ya gotta reposition front motor mounts. also need to fit two fat banshee exhaust pipes in that modded frame.

Locogato I know you can pull this off. Grab a spare banshee frame and use your YFZ450 for reference and graft a front section on. Steering stem angles need to be copied too. Iv actually heard that the 450 could stand a little more rake in the front :shrugani: If you were my neighbor I'd be over your house right now takin' measurements and firing up the welder. :headbang:

Edited by Meat

ok guys! prepare to be amazed! at how shitty my Paint skills are.

but i drew a bad picture of how a modified stem would help out with the bumpsteer issue and not being fuckin with the frame. some wanna host it?

why not just run self saggers? that way youll be half way through your travel for the longest portion of your ride. 'cause really, who cuts a hard left on the bumps?

that way not work for some good riders, but for me rollin some dunes, thatd be prefect.

This is the kinda brainstorming I was hoping to hear in the orig long travel thread. 

Is it absolutly impossible to modify a stock Banshee frame to work with long travel shocks ? 

Could a weld-in, long travel frame kit be fabbed up and reproduced ? 

gotta agree with the little period man, aka mighty abyss. ya gotta reposition front motor mounts. also need to fit two fat banshee exhaust pipes in that modded frame. 

Locogato I know you can pull this off.  Grab a spare banshee frame and use your YFZ450 for reference and graft a front section on. Steering stem angles need to be copied too.  Iv actually heard that the 450 could stand a little more rake in the front :shrugani:  If you were my neighbor I'd be over your house right now takin' measurements and firing up the welder. :headbang:

391395[/snapback]

i know it can be done. just need a couple rollers and start cuttin and welding. i dont think its be that hard either. just need someone who knows what we are looking for and someone(me) who can cut and fab shit together...

on a side not, GT performance builds frames with a rake in the front end that i think they told me will actually work, and work well with an LT front end. it looked fuckin badass...