porting

send my cylinders to eric or passion  

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i had a passion setup and my brother had a gorr woods port. his bike could keep up with me pretty easily. his bottom end and midrange was unreal and it still pulled hard on top. if i were you i would call eric. cheap porting but his work is by no means cheap. there are several members on this site that have gorr portwork and im pretty sure they have no complaints.

You need to ask yourself a few questions before you decide.

1. how much do I want to spend?

2. how fast do I want to go?

3. how good are my tuning skills.

gorr port job = $225 makes 58hp

passion regular port = $375 prolly makes similar hp

passion 12 port = $500 may make a little more but needs big carbs and big exhaust to get your moneys worth out of it. this port job can be tempermental to tune.

passion 12 port = $500 may make a little more but needs big carbs and big exhaust to get your moneys worth out of it. this port job can be tempermental to tune.

349013[/snapback]

i got jims mx port(regular port) and im pushin 72hp :headbang::headbang::bolt::bolt:

so you are making 72hp with stock stroke and his cheap port job? Thats awesome considering that his 12 port 4 mil stroker made 77, you are the man! Where did you get it dynoed at?

Edited by erbilabuc

349013[/snapback]

stephen motor had bigger carbs on it to make 58 hp and t5. so it about the same on parts not the port work.

as far as jetting jim motor, i put some cgl needles in 5th clip, it pulls like a bitch, ask jim cause i had him help me tune it. plan to get some dgl adn try them out adn will have it dailed in.

my advice is for you to talk to both porter, see what setup they recommend, pipes, carbs, etc. i sure both's work is great, you will have to decide on the money and what setup issue you want.

jim builds a great motor, takes a little tuning but ive given you great advice on the jetting.

:notworthy:

as far as jetting jim motor, i put some cgl needles in 5th clip, it pulls like a bitch, ask jim cause i had him help me tune it.  plan to get some dgl and try them out and will have it dailed in.

349028[/snapback]

damn you are still messing with your jetting, havent you had that passion stuff for months now?

just goes to show that passion stuff is very hard to tune.

349013[/snapback]

another thing to remember that a bore job is included in that $375 with passion, so that means you need another $100 for pistons, and you are going to want a coolhead. i think on my setup the stock head would have given me like 100 PSI, and i think i have 19cc domes which bring it to 145 PSI. I love it, its a bottom end port job and it is insane on pavement. i gotta get around to changing out the front sprocket because i have it geared way too low right now, all it does is spin in the dirt.

i got jims mx port(regular port) and im pushin 72hp  :headbang:  :headbang:  :bolt:  :bolt:

349017[/snapback]

Dyno sheet?

72hp, stock stoke, mild woods.mx port is hard to believe. Especially when his 4mm drag port motors are puttin out around 77hp. Im not knockin Jim's work, people say their shit hauls, but that sounds sketchy to me.