porting

send my cylinders to eric or passion  

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you may want to expand your option a little bit when choosing a builder. Eric Gore seems to build very nice stuff, as well as Jim. Jim's may be a little pickier about jetting, but all the big builders who build triple exhaust motors seem to have motors that are picky as well.

I had Dan from Patriot port my RZ and he did a great job, but he's just one more option. My motor pulls like nothing I have ever ridden in Banshee before.

Dan from A&S builds some insanely fast stuff, Ohton, GRR, Southern, the list can get long but you get the point. Some people get a little to wrapped up in Dyno sheets, I would rather compare the curves of the graphs rather than the numbers. Dynos can be manipulated and no two read the same. But I do love when someone posts a sheet, but I look at the shape of them rather than what numbers it has on it.

I'm debating about having a 12 port RZ made to see if that can completely eliminate that dreaded flat spot that some have had with them, powervalves tend to smooth stuff out.

I think alot of the issues with certain motors can be linked back to a bad set-up. Not that the owner has it set up bad, just that that motor may not like the parts that are on it.

I don't want this to turn into bashing, so I will quit there.

By the way, Stclarks new builder looks to have done a hell of a job on his new motor.

By the way,  Stclarks new builder looks to have done a hell of a job on his new motor.

349263[/snapback]

Yes, Im very pleased with how she runs. Jeff Wendorff of F.A.S.T. Racing. 785-364-5325. Give him a call, he might be able to build you a "log puller".

Broke hit the nail on the head. There are so many different builders out there that can do so many different things. It looks as though you are leaning towards a woods/mx type port. Ive had very good luck with Eric Gorr. Best bang for the buck IMO. With my Gorr set up, I got 58HP outta it.

Got a copy of the dyno sheet?

349234[/snapback]

yea i gotta see this. furthermore i have a ?. if jims mild mx stock stroke motor puts out 72 hp and his 4mill 12 port puts out roughly mid 70's whats the point of spending 500 for a crank and another couple hundred in porting to get 5 hp?? seems kinda stupid to me. sounds to me like someone is gettin screwed here...

yea i gotta see this. furthermore i have a ?. if jims mild mx stock stroke motor puts out 72 hp and his 4mill 12 port puts out roughly mid 70's whats the point of spending 500 for a crank and another couple hundred in porting to get 5 hp?? seems kinda stupid to me. sounds to me like someone is gettin screwed here...

349278[/snapback]

Yeah, something doesn't seem right there. But if that stock stroke bike made 65+ from 7500 to 10,000 and then the stroker made 65+ from 6000 to 11,000, the stroker is going to run all over it. And then that doesn't even factor in the torque that the stroker is making is going to be higher and broader. I agree with you, I'm just looking at it from a little different angle.

Yeah, something doesn't seem right there.  But if that stock stroke bike made 65+ from 7500 to 10,000 and then the stroker made 65+ from 6000 to 11,000, the stroker is going to run all over it.  And then that doesn't even factor in the torque that the stroker is making is going to be higher and broader.  I agree with you, I'm just looking at it from a little different angle.

349286[/snapback]

yea i see what ur saying. still tho, thats alot of extra cash for 2500 more rpms and no more hp. i would love to ride someone passion 4mm that says they have it running good. my passion motor did not hit anywhere near as hard as my current motor and it signed off much earlier than the one i have now. there is no comparison between them and if i were to race someone with my old passion setup id be sittin at the finish waiting forthem to roll thru. i agree something sounds fishy here and i meant to say it a long time ago in some other post but didnt. oh well... :confused:

I would rather compare the curves of the graphs rather than the numbers.  Dynos can be manipulated and no two read the same.  But I do love when someone posts a sheet, but I look at the shape of them rather than what numbers it has on it.

349263[/snapback]

my buddy has a rudy kurtz drag motor, and proudly displays his 90 hp dyno sheets, yet i smoke him in the dirt street or sand, probally cause i can get the jump and keep it, and my bike comes on from idle, his you need to feather the clutch then all hell breaks loose, alot of the guys make ass kickin engines, it just depends on what kinda power band your after :cheers:

damn you are still messing with your jetting, havent you had that passion stuff for months now?

just goes to show that passion stuff is very hard to tune.

349035[/snapback]

lets see i got the motor in janurary, got i going rode some but it was beyond cold this winter so early march it warmed up i got it out and played with it, took it to wichita ran it on a dyno, welded the whole rod and clutch ball assembly together really did a number on it. took it back to jim to have him go thru the bottom end again to make sure nothing was wrong, he fixed it, had him help me jet it also while there. so roughly my bike has had 7 gals thru it so i dont think i took too long to deal with it. i would rather take some time adn get it right then not have it run to its full potential.

349278[/snapback]

Its not a mild mx, its a new design, I call it the HOT MX port...smooth as silk delivery and just pulls forever....Jim

I would think for low end grunt and for the motor to come on the pipe early (power band comes on at low RPM), boost ports in the intake side as with the 12 port and an MX style port would be hard to beat. But is the extra $ for the boost ports worth it to you?

I didn't vote because I could go either way.

damn you are still messing with your jetting, havent you had that passion stuff for months now?

just goes to show that passion stuff is very hard to tune.

349035[/snapback]

I tuned that motor in less than 2 hours with a lunch break, and that mother is absoutely smooth, predictable and will rip your arms off..Jim

I have Jim's 12-port and I have been jetting it all year. I started at 172's and now I'm down to 155's I might even go down one more size,a s I have not checked the plugs yet. but so far I'm not fowling plugs with 155's (I was with 158's)and its running better than ever!

It really does haul some ass. yea 7 mil strokers can still beat me but I haven't raced any 350's (that I know are 350's) that can beat me now. I'm going to race a quadzilla with Long Travel this weekend at gordons so we will see how I do.

I was disapointed with these cylinders for a long time but now I am impressed since I am getting it closer to dialed in. I was still blowing past 450's even with it fowling plugs (well untill the plugs were fowled lol)

Edited by Justintoxicated