EASTER

godalmighty holy crap, this is a big thread where did it come from? bleagh. anyway all happy easter. eat some chocolate

your right it's huge.....no wonder the server was having problems lol. Happy easter! now I'm going riding hahahahahah yeah :biggrin:

Edited by bonbon

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow stupid me, Ive been reading the tread all morning and just realized that it was from 3 years ago, yeah I feel stupid, you dont have to say it. :stupid::stupid::stupid: I hope everyone has a great Easter despite their beliefs.

I hope Brooke came out ahead in all of that, in finding out more about Jesus and that everyone sins and she has nothing to be ashamed of.:biggrin: :wink:

I did see something about a Monkey for sale. I wonder how much it is or what kind? :shrug:

just read this thread...well part of it...

i really fail to see how pledging alegiance to a flag and saying the we are a nation under God is contradictory. This nation IS under God, and we should pledge our allegiance to our country. Which is kinda like pledging alegiance to God. Like you obey your supervisor(country), but ultimately you supervisor gets his power from the owner (God).

I understand a little what is being said about all the Easter bunny and santa clause stuff. I was not raised with santa and the bunny being part of the holidays. They were always about Jesus's resurection and birth. We still had presents and a little candy, but that wasnt the main focus. I think just because the rest of the world as a scewed view on these holidays does not mean Christians cant celebrate them for what it means to them.

I'm in the same boat as you man, my view is Jesus died on the cross for sinners, of whom i am the worst.

People always want to split hairs and lose sight of the whole point of christianity. When Jesus walked the earth the pharises and saduses did the exact same thing, trying to cross every T and dot every I and they lost sight of the whole point of religion, and never even acknolage Jesus Christ as the try son of God.

Could it be wrong to celebrate Easter and Christmas? maybe but i think that you have to look at the reason for celibrating it and look into your own heart. Are you celibtrating it for greed or to acknowledge the life, death and resurrection of Jesus? The same way i look at church, do you go because your told and think you can receive salvation from it? or because you want to give God his day of praise

i read like the first 9 pages and wrote that post above, how do you think i feel ( like an idiot)

I read enough that I wanted to slam my head in a car door(about 16 pages). :wallbash: LOL, so I know exactaly how you feel.

I think this was some kinda cruel joke from rjVoight, J/K. I really think that him and banshee04le did an excellent job. Not saying that Holyman didnt have scriptures or anything but I just dont beleive the way he does.

HAHAHA, I forgot all about this one.

Fuck all you guys, I'm headed to the rifle range.

haha i went riding :biggrin:

buddy threw a chain and busted his case at the bottom, lost all the oil. :yucky:

good ride other than that.

"A Milestone In Iraq

A milestone was reached on Easter Sunday. Five years in Iraq, 4,000 Americans killed, thousands more injured, and likely more than 100,000 Iraqis killed.

Vice President Dick Cheney spent Easter Sunday fishing on the Sultan of Oman's royal yacht. A reporter from ABC News told Cheney, in regards to Iraq, "two-thirds of Americans say it's not worth fighting." Cheney replied: "So?" As in "You have a problem with that?"

Apparently, he can keep above the fray while negotiating more weaponry to Oman in exchange for bases."

Three blonde friends died together in a car wreck. They found themselves standing in front of the pearly gates with St. Peter. He told them that before they could enter heaven, they had to tell him what Easter was about.

The first blonde said, "Easter is a big holiday where we give thanks, have a big feast and eat turkey."

"Nooooo," said St. Peter. "You don't get in."

The second blonde said, "Easter is the holiday that we celebrate Jesus' being born of the virgin and give gifts to each other."

"Nooooo," said St. Peter. "You don't get in, either."

The third blonde said, "Well, I know what Easter is all about. Easter is a Christian holiday which coincides with the Jewish Passover. After Jesus celebrated Passover with His disciples, He was betrayed by Judas and turned over to the Romans. They crucified Him on a cross. After He died, they buried him in a tomb and put a huge boulder in front of it."

"Very good!" said St. Peter.

The blonde continued. "Now, every year, the Jews roll the stone away and Jesus comes out. If He sees his shadow, we have 6 more weeks of basketball."

St. Peter fainted!