cranks

DETROIT350

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A longrod is more reliable than the shortrod version since it puts less stress on the piston skirt. You can also run a stock stroke longrod. Sorry A&S but you're not 100% correct there. Using blaster pistons or the new wiseco 795 pistons is to accomodate the added length of the rods. Basically the wrist pin is located deeper inside the piston closer to the top. If you run a +4 stroker you either have to run a spacer plate, or have the domes cut 2mm deeper to accept the added stroke. No choice in the matter.

A longrod is more reliable than the shortrod version since it puts less stress on the piston skirt.  You can also run a stock stroke longrod.  Sorry A&S but you're not 100% correct there.  Using blaster pistons or the new wiseco 795 pistons is to accomodate the added length of the rods.  Basically the wrist pin is located deeper inside the piston closer to the top.  If you run a +4 stroker you either have to run a spacer plate, or have the domes cut 2mm deeper to accept the added stroke.  No choice in the matter.

317923[/snapback]

werd. but, the stipulation on the blaster pistons is the size. they put you close to your last bore if you run those. 795's are the way to go.

it can be done with out using spacer plates or cut domes my friend i can name 2 builders right now that set there motors up this way and im sure they would enlighten you on it however dan doesnt do his this way he cuts the domes to fit but out 4mill set up with no cut domes of plate has went 6.30's on a full stock frame with only a light weight swing and asphalt tires so appears it must not run to bad and that motor stayed together for a over a year before having any mechanical problems

i would really like someone to explain to me how you are running a 4mm longrod setup with 795 or blaster pistons and not cutting the domes or a spacer plate. ill need some hard evidence to believe this simply because if you dont run a spacer plate or cut the domes you are gonna end up with pistons hitting the domes. lets see some hard proof of this please..

rail, 795 pistons are fine until you get past 60 over bore. they dont make them yet any bigger so people are forced to run blaster pistons unless they wanna start all over..

Ok, so where's the proof?

318497[/snapback]

I am sure you meant a 4mm stroker setup and not a longrod setup right?

Because you can run a longrod crank without a spacer plate or cut domes because the wrist pin height is diffrent in the pistons.

However if you are running a 4mm stroker crank with a 5mm longrod setup without a spacer plate or cut domes i would be curious to see the kind of squish that would create. (As long as it wanst tested on one of my motors that is.)

Now in my thinking i guess it would be possible to run a 4mm stroker crank with stock length rods and 795 pistons, but i dont believe it would be very impresive.

Does that sound right?

Edited by GYTWYPT

I am sure you meant a 4mm stroker setup and not a longrod setup right?

Because you can run a longrod crank without a spacer plate or cut domes because the wrist pin height is diffrent in the pistons.

However if you are running a 4mm stroker crank with a 5mm longrod setup without a spacer plate or cut pistons i would be curious to see the kind of squish that would create. (As long as it wanst tested on one of my motors that is.)

Now in my thinking i guess it would be possible to run a 4mm stroker crank with stock length rods and 795 pistons, but i dont believe it would be very impresive.

Does that sound right?

318591[/snapback]

im pretty sure that tard was talking about longrod stroker crank. maybe if you use a shortrod crank then it might work but i really dont know. i still wanna see him jump back in with some proof.

the squish band is really close my friends just enough room in there for the pistons to clear under load when rod stretch may occur and as far as how its done i do believe we have a motor that RUDY KURTZ setup that was as well as the other 3 motors that sandfords atv has done for us the problem is easy to fix and yes they are 4mm LONG ROD CRANKS unless wiseco is just shitting us and putting them in the wrong box. but you guys believe what ya want i know how our bikes are setup and i know how they run i was just giving the guy some information and so on. so with all this being said im gonna let u guys know how this is accomplished with no plates and or domes being cut and its really simple and goes to show just how much of a retard we really are its called DOUBLE BASE GASKETS :lol: alot harder to visually see when someone looks over ya motor at the race track now isnt??