Ever get stuck in the Mudd?!?

SouperSport

Gotta love this storm that just hit the west coast! Rain calmed down a bit today, so I thought I'd take the chance to try my shee in some mudd. It's usually pretty dry in the desert so I don't get to play in the mud much. Most the terrain is pretty sandy and doesn't really stick much, but I found this one spot with really soft silt/clay type sand... Had about 2 or 3 inches of water on top of it.... :evil: you see where this is going. Well as you know this is the kind of mud that sticks... TO EVERYTHING!! So I start flying through it...back and fourth. Doing some donuts in like 3rd gear (maybe 4th)... anyhow I was mixing up really good.

Before you know it I have a huge mudhole about 7 x 10ft thats anywhere from 1 to 2 ft deep!!! Sticky stuff mind you!! I'm flying through this stuff WOT in 4th and 5th gear. Trying to stay on top of the mud, peeling through it and throwing it everywhere!! It was a blast!! Coated me and the Shee from head to toe in thick sticky mudd!! Gotta love it! Well... As I noticed the mudd I was mixing up was getting deeper and deeper, my Shee started going through it slower and slower. :blink: (I don't have Mudd tires...just some cheap Kenda knobbies) I get the hint... and move to another small area of the mudhole. Did the same thing but this time I was only flying through it in 3rd gear... was mixed up more than I thought and I got STUCK!! And I do mean STUCKK!!!! :confused: Just spinning my tires!

Immediately the tires (front and rear) sunk about another 6 in. So now Shee was up to the rear axle and front spindles in mud. This is the really soft, sticky mudd that just about wants to suck your boots right off of your feet when you walk through it. Fortunately, I kept my boots on! :P That suction had the same effect on all 4 tires! I tried to no avail for 30 to 45 minutes to get it out. At which point I was dead tired and could do no more.... I finally had to suck up my pride and go "enlist" some help (my dad). Couldn't really get in close enough with a truck so we had to dig it out by hand and lift together on the front, then on the rear; and back and forth that way until we could move it over to some "slightly" more solid ground. Fortunately Dad had a good sense of humor and was kinda laughing too.

Except for trying to dig it out, the whole ordeal was pretty darn funny!! Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture of my Shee stuck in the mudhole. Maybe I'll take a picture of it tomorrow...I donno. (But I'm gonna *TRY* to keep my shee out of it this time...) :rotflmao: I have a couple pictures of the aftermath of my quad. She is not as dirty in these pictures as she was when I got her out. I hit a puddle or two on the way home and washed probably about half of the mudd off. Picture in you mind, this quad with about twice as thick mudd all over it and you'd be pretty close. I hosed her down pretty good but you can still hear sand grinding in the brakes so I still need to take the brakes all apart and clean 'em real good (among other parts as well). Had a good time, but If I knew cleanup woulda been this bad I probably woulda left the mudd alone! :bolt: Still wish I had a picture of her STUCK in the Mudhole...It was pretty bad... but still funny! :rotflmao:

Gallery Here

gallery_15566_55_1104387359.jpg

gallery_15566_55_1104387399.jpg

gallery_15566_55_1104387837.jpg

ive had mine that muddy like one time before. never again. thats what the 450 is for

u may call me a sissy,but i'd cry if mine was that dirty

Thats what my quads look like from april till late june in Ohio.We only have about 3 months of "dry" weather.It takes two days to completely clean it and one greasing and looking over it for any wear and tear.Then a 2 day break and the cycle starts over again.When you have a choice of riding in the mud or not riding at all,mud starts to become a good thing :cheers:

Putting it in gear and spinning the tires will break that suction.

303433[/snapback]

Yeah...works great for the back tires.... Doesn't help one bit when you have the front ones sunk in 8" to10" though! banghead

I gonna need some better tires for Mud and trail... not enough mudd around here enough of the time to justify buying solely mud tires... think some Holeshot HD's will work nicely for trail though. :D

But yeah...MuDD is a ton of Fun!! I'll klean it later... I got it to ride...not to show!! :dance:

Yeah...works great for the back tires.... Doesn't help one bit when you have the front ones sunk in 8" to10" though! banghead

I gonna need some better tires for Mud and trail... not enough mudd around here enough of the time to justify buying solely mud tires... think some Holeshot HD's will work nicely for trail though.    :D

But yeah...MuDD is a ton of Fun!!  I'll klean it later... I got it to ride...not to show!!  :dance:

303606[/snapback]

Got mine that dirty on sat. riding in Hesparia Ca. Thats prety close to you. Was getting a little worried, with the sun going down and I was still stuck in the middle of shit. banghead

WOW, that is one muddy shee. From the looks of how much dirt is on it, it was fun, man, i do stuff like that, but only in snow where i can't get the shee all dirty and covered with mud, cleaning is tooo much work, i cleaned my banshee very good when i bought it, it was used and fairly clean, but i cleaned it better and now it looks better, but i like to have fun in the snow, you should go riding in snow, it can be a lot of fun too, but only its freakin, COLD.