rear suspension setup

rx7500hpt2

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its finally rolling and running. Took over a month to get the elkas. Compression and rebound adjustable dune edition. Just fitted the plastics and my buddy made up some stainless steel brake lines for the front. Just doing some last minute gussetting and tabs.

I origianally was going to make a 250r copy but I don't have one to copy. The front end I completely designed myself, the rest I used my stock banshee as a reference. My buddy gave me the idea of center mounted a-arms, alot of offroad trucks use center mounted arms. heres another spindle pic.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice work! Back to the swing-arm I had a 86' 250r with a +4 cr 500 swingarm adapted to a 250r carrier w/fox 18" adjustable Fox shock off of a snowmobile i had to go this route because i tried several different shocks and could not find one one that would support a no-link suspension(had tried several different shocks and the local suspension guy could not figure it out either)maybe no-link is just a drag set-up? good luck with your project!!!! :headbang:

• 4 weeks later...
ttt

385742[/snapback]

wow that looks like one mean mother of a desert runner! how much travel does that thing have?

Elka is working on a LT rear for banshee that will give it like 13-14" of travel with linkage.

that would be sick on that rear end!

It has 12in of wheel travel. I found that the spindle has a flaw that limits the amount of drop I could get. At full droop I gain alot of negative camber. I think Ive figured out what the flaw is but I don't work at a machine shop anymore. I can't make up some new shafts. I think with a stock spindle I could get over 14in of travel. It works real good as is.

• 4 weeks later...