rear suspension setup

rx7500hpt2

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bender is a JD2 model 3. Its all 1in tube.

thats funny i was about to ask the same question. my buddy is leaving for iraq and im borrowing his pro tools. so 1 inch tube huh? if i go through with this ill have to buy a 1in die, but thats no big deal.

did you go straight to 4130 or did you make one out of 10 series first? seems like making one to use with cheaper material first to test for bugs would be smart, but you didnt seem to have any problems.

I used 1x.065 4130. I had to use some .083 mild steel for two bends, couldn't get a 90 degree bend without a bad kink with the chromoly. The kinking problem is my die I think, I made it myself. I'm thinking I didn't cut the radius deep enough. With the right die and alittle bit of heat there should be no problems.

I used 1x.065 4130. I had to use some .083 mild steel for two bends, couldn't get a 90 degree bend without a bad kink with the chromoly. The kinking problem is my die I think, I made it myself. I'm thinking I didn't cut the radius deep enough. With the right die and alittle bit of heat there should be no problems.

wait how did you make your own die?

and I just got clearance to use our schools machine shop, so custom parts, here i come.

I made it out of a 6x1.5 round peice of aluminum on a lathe. Drilled the holes with a mill. Made another peice which was welded on. I'll post a pic when I get a chance. The hardest part was making the lathe tool to cut the radius. In the end you'll wish you had just spent the $150 for the JD2 die.

Thats were I make all my stuff, at the local community college.

Edited by rx7500hpt2

• 2 months later...