No low end...Then picks up and is gone...

sschevy383

Hye guys, i just picked up my 03 and something seems wrong. in neutral...you can slowly give it gas and its perfectly fine...But when in gear...there is no part throttle... It just kinda boggs....u have to get the rpms up almost 3/8 throttle to even pull off or it will stall. then when cruzing, it has a studder/pop about 3/8th throttle thenonce you past 1/2...it launches like you hit a NOS button.... there is no smooth accelleration, its pretty much like.....Boggggg....POP!.....then runs its balls off and has no problems ....any ideas?

sschevy, Try these things

1) If has stock carbs, make sure the slides are in the right carb. You should be able to see the mark on the slide through the carb window

2) Are the carbs in synch? if not first synch cabels then idle screws

If the above is fine your jetting is off or you have an electrical problem

If the above is fine and problem still exists try the following

3) Take carb apart and clean it. Typically a low end bog is because of your carbs beign out of synch, your piot jet is clogged, your pilot jet is not fat enough or your air screw is to far out.

If your pilot jets are clean and you still have a bog then adjust your air screw. Go from 1 1/2 turns out and turn all the way in. If problem is gone set someplace in the middle. If yo have the air screw all the way in and the low end is better but not quite right go to the next larger pilot jet and try 1 1/2 turns out and go through the processes above.

Chris

Edited by Chris Yax

• 3 months later...

hey i just bought a 2004 shee, i have just been breaking it in and i cant keep the throttle in the middle it either bogs our your going like stink. but i noticed my plugs were fouled up and it started poping a bit on me when i boot it and let it coast. Is this cause i am running it too lean our too much oil, Iam running yamalube 24:1

Thanks guys i'll  check it out tonight!  I'll have to get a book, cause these things are a little different than Holleys :)

288356[/snapback]

get a clymer's manual. :notworthy: don't waste your $$ on anything else!

steve1982, if your still breaking her in, stick with the yamalube at 24:1, then go to 32:1 if you still use yamalube after. better safe than sorry, right? hit up the jetting forum, sounds like the needles need adjusted. B)

after break in id go 40:1, and run fresh plugs with a clean air filter, then start trying to suss out the mis or bog(if its still there) a plug chop will tell you if the mains are rich or lean, if the bikes got stock pipes and air box, remove the airbox lid and try that as well, all two cycles like a feathered clutch to snap there r's up, but with that it should shit and git, (running properly of course)