Pipes?

picow18

I want a smoother powerband with a smooth lowend pull. Basically,I ride MX and I really dont care about going topend fast I just want great exceleration I was thinking about fmf fattys or gnarly's. What do you guys think and one more thing BANSHEES RULE! :cheers:

Edited by picow18

If your running mx and all, there is no doubt that the single carb is what you need. As far as pipes, FMF makes a good set of pipes, whether you go Gnarlies or Fatties, althouth the Gnarlies sound more suited for you. If you have a little bigger budget, go for Paul Turner Mids for the ultimate power. ;)

If you have a little bigger budget, go for Paul Turner Mids for the ultimate power. ;)

281105[/snapback]

if you ride on rocky surfaces id well advise against the PT mids. they bend below the frame rails and get dented easily, they are strengthened at that point but they still dent! check this out, these are my PT mids before i changed to DMC's

yamaha-banshee-96-bikepics-244846.jpg

just MHO

stu

Nothing wrong with Pro-Circuit...like sredish said though, if you got the money I'd go PTmids for MX. I run PC pipes & they suit my style great...I've ran toomeys also & prefer the performance of the PC's myself. My bike is also setup for MX, however I've not had the time and/or money to actually start MX'n yet. :shootself:

For the money I wuold go FMF, probabally the Gnarly over the Fatty just because they are built a little tougher. FMF Fatty, Shave the head to about 19cc, drop a tooth on the front sprocket and you will be a happy camper. My 2 cents.

:cheers:

RJV

Edited by rjvoight

That whole beat someone off the line based on pipes means nothing if they dont have exactly the same mods.

You said you want something with all lowend-mid and no top.

Some may disagree with me here but this is what I run and I"ve never had anything with near the lowend. I can wheelie it like a friggin blaster.

420cc Big Bore.

35mm 2-1 carb 50pilot 215main 4th clip 2 turns out.

motofast 2-1 pipe.

trinity pro mx porting.

milled head to run straight race fuel with a turbo mod from trinity.

Run engine ice, wouldn't run anything else for coolant.

I also have the shift-pro kit installed, makes shifting easier.

If you want something that has total low end and is easy to ride thats the way to go. When I start in second I go and stay in the powerband so easily between gears theres no powerband hit if you dont mis-shift. Thats the way to have it especially for mx I wouldn't change anything about my setup but throw on T-5's for the winter lake riding I do.

You said you want something with all lowend-mid and no top.

Some may disagree with me here but this is what I run and I"ve never had anything with near the lowend. I can wheelie it like a friggin blaster.

Try adding some RZ jugs to that set up and you'll really see some low end.

:cheers: