-2 swingarm

421stroker

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have around 80 horsepower and am about to buy a swingarm. Do you think that a -2 swingarm is a good mod with that much horsepower? I do a lot of general riding. Let me know what you think.

i've got a few more ponnies than that and i'm running a -2 LSR and love it..........except you can't run IMS heal guards.........they hit the freakin tires.

Why would you want a shorter swingarm? I am going to extend mine by 4 this winter to help keep the front end down on takeoffs and hillclimbs but the +4 will also give it a much meaner stance. I personally think shorter swingarms are ugly. what are the pro's and con's of a shorter swingarm?

a longer swingarm in dirt will just make you spin more, unless going up a hill, or you find some really tacky dirt. A shorter swingarm will hook up a lot better in dirt that you just spin a lot with the stock swingarm (almost every dirt I ride in). I've got a stock swingarm right now and its killing me, the more hp I give the engine the more it just wants to spin. Only tires I can get to hook up are the 20" blackwaters somewhat, and realtors hook up great, but they are only good for a straight line for the most part.

And as far as holeshots go, just start in 2nd and feather the clutch.

I say go -1 1/4. The shee really looks like an animal with a -2 and plus one arms compared to a stocker. I've never seen one extended since I don't live near the dunes or attend any sort of drag races which is were the extension is preferred. Another advantage to the -2 is your ability to turn is increased substantially. You get the benefit of the shees weight transfer but you also get the benefit of increase impact of your weight transfer compared to a longer swinger. I want to go to a stroker motor someday and I will run a -1 1/4 the reason in the -1 1/4 is that 520 chain links are 5/8" in length 2 links equals 1 1/4" you can only cut links out in 2's. With the -2 stocker I have now I had to go to 16/40 gearing to eliminate a half link, but I do like the 16/40 gearing.

I say go -1 1/4.  The shee really looks like an animal with a -2 and plus one arms compared to a stocker.  I've never seen one extended since I don't live near the dunes or attend any sort of drag races which is were the extension is preferred.  Another advantage to the -2 is your ability to turn is increased substantially.  You get the benefit of the shees weight transfer but you also get the benefit of increase impact of your weight transfer compared to a longer swinger.  I want to go to a stroker motor someday and I will run a -1 1/4 the reason in the -1 1/4 is that 520 chain links are 5/8" in length 2 links equals 1 1/4" you can only cut links out in 2's.  With the -2 stocker I have now I had to go to 16/40 gearing to eliminate a half link, but I do like the 16/40 gearing.

This is exactly what gary from QUICKSAND was explaining to me. I'm about to order a swing arm from him. If I go with the 1 1/4" will my ac w/ heel guards hit? banghead

And does anyone have a pick of a blue quicksand swinger?

if you are on dirt you want a shorter swinger. If you ride dunes and hillclimbs then longer is desirable. I have a stroker pushing mega power and have no trouble with my -1 The hookup and handling difference is incredible!!

heres my blue quicksand arm

8733a70d.jpg

well Im running a stock swinger right now and have sand stars all the way around. I can sit on the tank and pull a wheely in second without trying and in third if I give it a little lift. If I sit normal I can probably get it up in fourth so should I get a extended swingarm? I like the looks of a +6 but hear that you dont want to go more then +4. what should I do?