Jim at Passion Racing- New Additions

bigwill

Here it goes----My wife bought me the Passion +4mm package for Christmas last year-I started to build it-then stopped and started then started working long hours and still not finished bangheadbanghead a few months go by( I do have the red and yellow97 representing,so its not like I aint riding)-then I read this post in the wanted section where Jim wanted a set of cylinders-I had two extra sets-I told him I would send him both sets and I wanted one set ported and send bac in exchange for the set I sent him-that was the deal-----Then I got this e-mail from him talking about some X-1 and X-3 cylinders-I was like this sounds like futuristic shit-he asked if I wanted them for the +4mm? I said I just wanted a fast 350----thats when he mentioned the HP numbers----the X-1=95HP and the X-3=125HP----this is NOT a error-shit If those cylinders come back soon-that +4mm might be collecting a little more dust on the shelf as a back up :cry:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here it goes----My wife bought me the Passion +4mm package for Christmas last year-I started to build it-then stopped and started then started working long hours and still not finished bangheadbanghead a few months go by( I do have the red and yellow97 representing,so its not like I aint riding)-then I read this post in the wanted section where Jim wanted a set of cylinders-I had two extra sets-I told him I would send him both sets and I wanted one set ported and send bac in exchange for the set I sent him-that was the deal-----Then I got this e-mail from him talking about some X-1 and X-3 cylinders-I was like this sounds like futuristic shit-he asked if I wanted them for the +4mm? I said I just wanted a fast 350----thats when he mentioned the HP numbers----the X-1=95HP and the X-3=125HP----this is NOT a error-shit If those cylinders come back soon-that +4mm might be collecting a little more dust on the shelf as a back up :cry:

WTF?? 125hp??? I'm assuming thats not on gas, or is it??? Thats a mighty impressive number.

My understanding is this will be on alky no adders. The engines will be for drag only and as can be expected, will need to be rebuilt often. I think Jim has the knowledge to do this and now with the help of technology, I think he just might be able to follow through. Jim is a great guy with a lot of ideas and R&D under his belt, and has quickly started to make a name for himself in the banshee world. Now he is attempting to carry that name to the top of the banshee drag scene. I sincerly hope he does.

Last time I talked to Jim, my name was supposed to be on the top of the list for a set of the new +4 cylinders.

Reliability may very well be an issue,but the few passes you will get out of them is going to be well woth it.I don't think these are going to be for the budget racers but the racer looking to lay down some good times will be happy to run them.Some would say this is a '' looking to break some record's '' kinda motor.

Alot of people think it's unpractical to build a motor like this.Well I know Jim is'nt the only builder with engines that are a potential time bomb's as you all are calling it.I think the engine will hold up rather well it'll just need rings replaced more often.

Jim I can't wait to try this thing out!

Reliability may very well be an issue,but the few passes you will get out of them is going to be well woth it.I don't think these are going to be for the budget racers but the racer looking to lay down some good times will be happy to run them.Some would say this is a '' looking to break some record's '' kinda motor.

Alot of people think it's unpractical to build a motor like this.Well I know Jim is'nt the only builder with engines that are a potential time bomb's as you all are calling it.I think the engine will hold up rather well it'll just need rings replaced more often.

Jim I can't wait to try this thing out!

If I had the cash to support an engine like that I'd run it at the drags for sure. I got nothing against a motor that has to be rebuilt often if I got the cash to do it. Performace costs thats for sure. I can't wait to see it.

Talking about the reliabilty of TOP FUEL DRAGSTERS reminds me of an interview with a top fuel engine builder. He said, "I build some of the most reliable engines in top fuel. My engines will hold together for 5 seconds. Good thing we make it down the track in 4.5."

gee, sounds expensive.