Banshee vs. DS 650

Xhale

So there is this rich kid in town who has a 2004 DS 650 Baja... It apparently is stock.. I have a 2003 Banshee with FMF Fatty's,, and a Twin Air Filter.. and it is jetted perfectly.. We are racing in the 1/8 mile and a local strip... I seem to think I will have no problem.. I no how to race.. when my banshee was stock i beat---- Raptor, Piped Z-400 and a Predator.. And now with the new pipes I think I should easily take a DS 650.. I just need some other opinions

I've ran my totally stock DS 650 at our local strip with the best of 8.96 seconds, but consistent 9.1s and 9.2s @ 69-70 mph.

The DS 650 does not wheelie easily so he'll probably do well off the line. My friends Banshee with Paul Turner Hi-Rev pipes, Pro Flow Uni air filter, and jetted can beat my DS (he only weighs 140lbs). As a matter of fact he set his new personal best this past Friday night at 8.59 seconds. He normally runs 75 mph.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I raced a stock 04 ds on my my shee when it was stock i beat him till we topped out but he was runing 25's on the back they come stock with 20's i think but anyways he barley got by me i let off but i could eat him up now he wouldn't stand a chance! :evil:

• 2 weeks later...

I use to have a 2000 DS 650 with an FMF slip on. I repeatedly raced a couple of my buddies shee's on pavement and they both were running toomey's, K&N, coolheads, and had been ported. The DS is extremely hard to beat on pavement due to its weight and size. You can drop the hammer right off the line and not worry about front end lift. Everytime we raced I was gone before the shee's could get off the line. My advice is definately go prac. getting some launches on pavement! Most of the time the better rider will win the race not the better quad.

• 2 weeks later...