Ford Excursion ?'s

broke

Does anyone have one of the 6.0's and how has the reliability been? I know they had their little bugs when they were new, but have those been taken care of? I'm having a little bit of an issue paying $55,000 for a truck that could be a piece of shit. Thanks in advance.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2004 and up shouldn't give you too much trouble. Do NOT get an '03 with a 6.0L stroker. Although, it sounds like you are going new by the price you mention. I would go for it. You will Love the diesel. Then, start saving for mods. If you do nothing else, get some reliable guages in there first and foremost.

they said that they were going to discontinue the excursion 2 years ago and it never happened. also the point is that you can haul all your family and friends in comfort and tow a trailer at the same time.

all the bugs are taken care of in the 04, its a great motor and has alot of potential, or it will do just fine in stock form. you wont regret it.

"... you are correct sir..."

yea, the first few months of '03, when the motor had first come out is when they had trouble, and all the trouble was computer related. they've since changed programmind and injectors that communicate better and work together better.

actually, i have an '03 with 30k miles and my dad has an even earlier '03 with 50k and neither have had one problem. and let me know when you're ready for the "BHQ discount" on hoppin that baby up. ;)

Edited by sredish

so you need a diesel to haul people and a trailer? im just curious

Precisely. If you want to do it efficiently, and with a :) on your face you want a diesel. Hauling 11,000 # and getting 13 MPG, all at 65+ MPH, yea baby!!! Show me any gasser that will do that, and I will show them my tailights for a few seconds before they get dusted. Diesel is the only way to tow economy wise combined with all the power you want. And 5th whel towing isn't the only method of towing. I tow ALL my trailers from the rear frame mounted hitch. Works splendidly. Loaded properly, a "bumper tag" trailer isn't a problem. If you want an unbalanced trailer load, and you desire to tow it, than go fifth...... It will tow better. But a bumper pull wll do the job just fine. Gooseneck trailers are also good, but obviously you can't do that either with an Excursion. And I pose this question to you, Why WOULDN'T you want a diesel in your Excursion, or any 3/4 ton and up truck? :unsure: Diesel X's are the mack Daddy of all creature comfort cruiser....... More rom than my Crew cab, and the same power?? I'll take that....... Only if I didn't need a pickup bed...... (And I don't haul from the bed.... Just payload) :cheers:

Thanks for all the responses. We actually went to look at Expeditions and found the Excursion to be in the same ballpark price wise. It has alot more room, can haul a shitload more and I just like the looks of it.

I heard they are going to discontinue making the Excursion's... is this true?

This should go in the same book as Banshees blow up alot. I've heard it for years and it never has happened. It plain just sells enough units to justify keeping it in the line.

whats the point of a diesel excursion? you can fifth wheel it? and in two years its gunna be worth 25k

Beleive it or not. I need something that can tow, my wife will drive, and can haul everything I need it to. I would love to just get a 250 but this is a compromise. I'm sorry if you feel that this is more vehicle than I need, but I will take in to consideration what you have to say as soon as you send me your address so I know where to send the payment book. Why the hell would I want to fifth wheel it? And as far as what it will be worth in two years, I'm buying this one to run into the ground, another reason for the deisel. I was just asking about the reliability issues of the 6.0, everything else I have heard and really don't care about anyway.

This truck really seems to start some contraversy(sp).

This truck really seems to start some contraversy(sp).

exactly, chevys suck :P

now take it how you will, of the people here that answered, who actually owns a vehicle with a 6.0 in it ? ;) post pics when you get it. you know you want it :lol:

of the people here that answered, who actually owns a vehicle with a 6.0 in it ?  ;)

Now now, that's just not fair!! My brother in law, (with whom I am very close with) has an '03 6.0L. He hauls horses, and I have driven/ridden in his truck too many times to count, hell it might as well be my own!!! And as I have a 7.3, (which BTW is a helluva engine as well!! :P ) I do have quite a bit with the 6.0's. I think Western New York parallels Texas in that EVERYONE drives a diesel!! :whoa: Of course, anyone that gives a damn anyways.... :ph34r: I say go for it Broke, you will not be disappointed. And if you don't like it, send me the payment book. (Just be sure you send the truck along with it.) the wife needs a new ride!! :headbang: