No lid with kn filter

JeremyKS

Stock jetting can very depending on elevation where it is sold but typically is a #200 main from 0 - 1000 ft elev. I'd say with the lid off and K&N go up approx. 3 or 4 main sizes, so a 230 or 240. You will probably need to adust the air screws in a bit too since the K&N is less restrictive and will let the motor pull in air easier making it a bit leaner.

• 2 months later...

I have just a k&n kit as well with no lid. Im still trying to get it to run right, but what i can tell you is the 240's i was reccomended made it drown it was so rick i was spittin and backfiring. ive settled on 200's...that seems good. now i need to mess with the airscrews i guess cuz it wtill wont start unless i roll it down a hill

I have just a k&n kit as well with no lid. Im still trying to get it to run right, but what i can tell you is the 240's i was reccomended made it drown it was so rick i was spittin and backfiring. ive settled on 200's...that seems good.

Settled on 200's :rolleyes: ? What is your elevation?

I have just a k&n kit as well with no lid.  Im still trying to get it to run right, but what i can tell you is the 240's i was reccomended made it drown it was so rick i was spittin and backfiring.  ive settled on 200's...that seems good.  now i need to mess with the airscrews i guess cuz it wtill wont start unless i roll it down a hill

279604[/snapback]

Spitting and backfiring is a sign of being lean, not rich.

If you are running a K&N paper filter with no air box lid, you need to be about 260-280 on the mains.

Well you seem to have an idea of where it needs to be, I'd do a wide open run in 6th gear for 5-10 seconds and pull the plugs, see what color the strap is and go from there...you could still be 2 sizes off which is about 5 hp....if it starts hard then you might have forgotten to put the choke tube back on between the carbs??? make sure you don't swap the carb bowls, only one them has a gold tube w/ a little jet in the bowl for the choke carb....you must be up there in elevation if the 240 main won't work. Either that or the choke tube isn't in place like already mentioned (1/4" x 2" long)

this is a stock banshee brand new...friend is needing advice on what to jet for with no lid and a kn in the box no other mods.

250135[/snapback]

not positive on this, but i think the lid helps hold the filter in place if you don't have the proflow adaptor. make sure that air cleaner is not flopping around.