You guys think im getting ripped off?

I took my banshee up to a shop to have it looked over after i rebuilt it myself, becuase it was makin a odd sounds out of one cylinder and spittin coolent out of the pipe, so they call me today and tell me 250 bucks, i figure ok thats more than i expected but hey its fixed and ready to ride, so then they go on to tell me it will be 550 to finish it and actualy fix the problem, so there chargin me 250 to have takin it apart becuase they guy said that he had to take it apart 2wice ,which is not my problem nor should i have to pay for them to take it apart and put it back together 2wice becuase he said when they got it back together the 1st time it still wasnt fixed, so i said screw it i just plain and simply dont have 550 bucks i dont even have 250, so now im paying them 250 dollars and picking my banshee up in boxes when i brought it there in 1 piece and rideable, so what do you guys think im gettin ripped or is this guy bein honest??

Yeah dude, thats bullshit. If they can't diagnose your problem and provide

an estimate with no more than 2hrs shop time, they aren't fit to do

business. And to give you your bike back in pieces...bullshit.

If I did pay after having me some ass, it'd be with a credit card and

I'd call my credit card company as soon as I walked out the door and

protest the charge.

if you told them to tear into it anf find or fix the problem then they should have put it back together and there is no reason they should have charged you to take it apart 2 times unless you told them to fix the problem then they should charge for fixing it not playing games with it

id tell that place to shove it up their ass... but then again, i tell a lot of people to shove it up their ass. :angry: i guess im just an angry person.

taking something apart 2 times isnt uncommon. normally they dont charge you for it and whoever said that if a shop cant diagnose a prollem in 2 hours, then they shouldnt be a shop, they were right.

Edited by loganskinner

f that!!!!!!!!!!500 bucks what a joke!!!!!!!!!ANY REAL SHOP WILL GIVE FREE EST BEFORE THEY FIX IT

i worked at alot of shops an even if it took 9hrs to rebuild a zx9 street bike we could only charge them for 4 hrs.

kawasaki yamaha honda they all have a book to tell the shop about how long it should take to fix,but in their book its like your in a shop that has everthing right there next to you an about 2 guys to help lol

id write them a check an as soon as you get home cancel it then when they call tell them your not paying that much an you took it to another shop an they had found something they didnt an that was the problem

(i was a service manager for about 2yrs) :flush:

dude that shop sucks ass. if it was spitting water out of the pipes it could only be the cool head or a cracked cylinder. id tell them to flake off. threaten them by saying that you'll never do business there again. i was also a service manager for a local yamaha shop for 2 years and that lin always worked on the owner. the yamaha shop here would have tried to put it to you too. they suck ass.

Part of owning a Banshee is learning how to work on them yourself. You need to know exactly what is wrong with it and to be able to diagnose problems on your own. As far as getting ripped off I cant say you did or did not. If the head was warped or something then that would be one of those things that might take 2 or 3 times taking it apart to figure out. It is a process of alimitation. The shop paid for the mechanic to do the work, they paid for the gaskets, and the anti-freeze. Working on your bike might have taken away from time spent on working on another bike which could have made them more money. Im no mechanic and have never worked for a shop. You have to look at the situation for their point of view and maybe you will understand why they still want to be paid for an unfinished job. However if they say $250 to fix the problem then they had better have it fixed for $250 and no questions asked. Just my .02 worth

why did they take it apart 2 times? so they took it apart and couldnt find anything wrong and then put it back together, then took it apart again? thats the stupidest thing ive ever heard. sounds to me like they are some idiots and dont have a clue whats going on. even if they couldnt find something wrong they should have notified you before tearing it apart the second time. id call the bank and have the check cancelled if you wrote a check. if you paid in cash id take something of their worth 250 bucks :ph34r:

Yeah im gonna steal a nice crossbar pad for myself on the way out and maybe some frame paint, i mean NOTHING is fixed and im paying them 250 bucks, could anyone say brand new pair of v force reeds?? So basicly im paying them 250 bucks to have torn apart my banshee this is redic, im not a difficult customer by any means and im not cheap either, but i cant see paying 250 bucks for absualty nothing becuase in my book 250 dollars is alot of cash