bush or kerry

roosthrower

This email I received explains tax cuts.

Tax cuts - How they really work: Sometimes Politicians can exclaim;

"It's just a tax cut for the rich!", and it is just accepted to be fact.

But what does that really mean?

Just in case you are not completely clear on this issue, I hope the

following will help.

Tax Cuts - A Simple Lesson In Economics This is how the cookie crumbles.

Let's put tax cuts in terms everyone can understand. Suppose that every

day, ten men go out for dinner. The bill for all ten comes to $100.

If they paid their bill the way we pay our taxes, it would go something

like this:

The first four men (the poorest) would pay nothing.

The fifth would pay $1.

The sixth would pay $3.

The seventh $7.

The eighth $12.

The ninth $18.

The tenth man (the richest) would pay $59.

So, the ten men ate dinner in the restaurant every day and seemed quite

happy with the arrangement, until one day, the owner threw them a curve.

"Since you are all such good customers," he said, "I'm going to reduce

the cost of your daily meal by $20."

So, now dinner for the ten only cost $80. The group still wanted to pay

their bill the way we pay our taxes.

So, the first four men were unaffected. They would still eat for free.

But what about the other six, the paying customers? How could they divvy

up the $20 windfall so that everyone would get his 'fair share'?

The six men realized that $20 divided by six is $3.33. But if they

subtracted that from everybody's share, then the fifth man and the sixth

man would each end up being 'PAID' to eat their meal.

So, the restaurant owner suggested that it would be fair to reduce each

man's bill by roughly the same amount, and he proceeded to work out the

amounts each should pay.

And so:

The fifth man, like the first four, now paid nothing (100% savings).

The sixth now paid $2 instead of $3 (33% savings).

The seventh now paid $5 instead of $7 (28% savings).

The eighth now paid $9 instead of $12 (25% savings).

The ninth now paid $14 instead of $18 (22% savings).

The tenth now paid $49 instead of $59 (16% savings).

Each of the six was better off than before. And the first four continued

to eat for free. But once outside the restaurant, the men began to

compare their savings.

"I only got a dollar out of the $20," declared the sixth man. He pointed

to the tenth man "but he got $10!" "Yeah, that's right," exclaimed the

fifth man. "I only saved a dollar, too. It's unfair that he got ten

times more than me!"

"That's true!!" shouted the seventh man. "Why should he get $10 back

when I got only $2? The wealthy get all the breaks!"

"Wait a minute," yelled the first four men in unison. "We didn't get

anything at all. The system exploits the poor!" The nine men surrounded

the tenth and beat him up.

The next night the tenth man didn't show up for dinner, so the nine sat

down and ate without him. But when it came time to pay the bill, they

discovered something important. They didn't have enough money between

all of them for even half of the bill! And that, boys and girls,

journalists and college professors, is how our tax system works. The

ones who get the most money back from a reduction are those who paid in

the most. Tax them too much, attack them for being wealthy, and they

just may not show up at the table anymore. There are lots of good

restaurants in Europe and the Caribbean.

thats so true, and the guy getting fucked the least, screams it hurts, the loudest

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody see this?

The terrorist claims on tape the next attack will dwarf 9/11. "The streets will run with blood," and "America will mourn in silence" because they will be unable to count the number of the dead. Further claims: America has brought this on itself for electing George Bush who has made war on Islam by destroying the Taliban and making war on Al Qaeda.

Link to the rest of the story

http://www.drudgereport.com/abct.htm

Hey Meat,

I've got another one for you.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/national/20...22637-6257r.htm

THURSDAY // WASH TIMES: Russian special forces troops moved many of Saddam Hussein's weapons and related goods out of Iraq and into Syria in the weeks before the March 2003 U.S. military operation, The Washington Times has learned. John A. Shaw, the deputy undersecretary of defense for international technology security, said in an interview that he believes the Russian troops, working with Iraqi intelligence,

Since I didn't get a response I'll post again. Maybe you missed it Meat.

Hey Meat,

I've got another one for you.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/national/20...22637-6257r.htm

THURSDAY // WASH TIMES: Russian special forces troops moved many of Saddam Hussein's weapons and related goods out of Iraq and into Syria in the weeks before the March 2003 U.S. military operation, The Washington Times has learned. John A. Shaw, the deputy undersecretary of defense for international technology security, said in an interview that he believes the Russian troops, working with Iraqi intelligence,

and heroine usage back then.

here let me quote you.......and im sure your dad wanted better for you, so did mine exept he didnt get a choice, i was drafted, oh and my dad served in WW2 and korea, that doesnt mean you got any nuts, if your dad wanted better for you i hope you reply with "im in medical school"

Man, some people just can't pay attention can they? You questioned my appreciation for our soldiers and veterans. How in any way does that relate to my nuts? My nuts are just fine and I'm not in medical school. I'm actually in school for a computer information systems degree but I do work in a hospital for now if thats good enough for you.

Back to Bush,

I was wrong about one thing. Bush won't have to initiate a draft. All he really has to do is lower the standards of admitance into the armed forces and we can just send all of our trailer park trash over to Iraq. It's actually not that bad of an idea. Maybe I will vote for Bush now.

I can't get that washington times article, thier website is tellin' me "We are unable to locate the page you requested. The page you requested may no longer be available on our Web site."

But I know what your talking about with the Russian taking it too Syria. Thats the excuse that the republicans are putting out. The Russian special forces story sounds like its taken from a movie plot and the whole story is full of holes and speculation. The real question isnt WHEN these high explosives were stolen, its WHY was it allowed to happen. Poor planning and lack of troops. Both fall on Bush's shoulders. We knew it was in those bunkers because of the inspectors, we had satelites watchin the whole place 24\7. The problem here is sometime someone took a shitload of bad ass explosives. The problem here is lack of leadership from george bush. The whole country was looted. Do you all remember Bush catchin' hell for the looting after Baghdad fell ? The only sites we gaurded were OIL related. They looted musuems and hospitals and schools and maybe Al-QaQaa. Dem\Rep differences aside.... this whole situation makes me nervous. And now today BinLaden puts out a video tape. Bin Laden is still alive and he's pissed, 380 tons of high explosives are missing..... as we wasted 2 years liberating Iraq..... spending billions of tax dollars, having 1100+ dead American soldiers with thousands more wounded.... and no end in sight, Iraq will probably go into civil war after the Americans' pull out. Its a big big big big mess over there, we made alot of new enemies while the main enemies, Osama Bin Laden, Alzawhari and Al-Qaida are still alive.

Push da Throttle......

I can't believe your so brain washed by the republican party to instantly go into denial mode and then spit out an excuse, any excuse... no matter who gets blown up. Take off your blinders people. Don't look at this issue with a politcal view. Try to be a human being and think for yourself about what just happened over there. Someone, sometime.... stole 380 TONS of nastyass high explosives. We have a billion Muslims pissed the f*ck off at us. Do you see that ?? Its not pretty is it ?? Bush should be over there in Iraq driving a Hummer lookin' for those explosives.

Lets hope we can find it.

The International Atomic Energy Agency places a seal over storage bunkers holding conventional explosives known as HMX and RDX and PETN at the Al-Qaqaa facility south of Baghdad as part of U.N. sanctions that ordered the dismantlement of Iraq

Edited by Meat

I can't get that washington times article, thier website is tellin' me "We are unable to locate the page you requested. The page you requested may no longer be available on our Web site."

But I know what your talking about with the Russian taking it too Syria. Thats the excuse that the republicans are putting out. The Russian special forces story sounds like its taken from a movie plot and the whole story is full of holes and speculation. The real question isnt WHEN these high explosives were stolen, its WHY was it allowed to happen. Poor planning and lack of troops. Both fall on Bush's shoulders. We knew it was in those bunkers because of the inspectors, we had satelites watchin the whole place 24\7. The problem here is sometime someone took a shitload of bad ass explosives. The problem here is lack of leadership from george bush. The whole country was looted. Do you all remember Bush catchin' hell for the looting after Baghdad fell ? The only sites we gaurded were OIL related. They looted musuems and hospitals and schools and maybe Al-QaQaa. Dem\Rep differences aside.... this whole situation makes me nervous. And now today BinLaden puts out a video tape. Bin Laden is still alive and he's pissed, 380 tons of high explosives are missing..... as we wasted 2 years liberating Iraq..... spending billions of tax dollars, having 1100+ dead American soldiers with thousands more wounded.... and no end in sight, Iraq will probably go into civil war after the Americans' pull out. Its a big big big big mess over there, we made alot of new enemies while the main enemies, Osama Bin Laden, Alzawhari and Al-Qaida are still alive.

Push da Throttle......

I can't believe your so brain washed by the republican party to instantly go into denial mode and then spit out an excuse, any excuse... no matter who gets blown up. Take off your blinders people. Don't look at this issue with a politcal view. Try to be a human being and think for yourself about what just happened over there. Someone, sometime.... stole 380 TONS of nastyass high explosives. We have a billion Muslims pissed the f*ck off at us. Do you see that ?? Its not pretty is it ?? Bush should be over there in Iraq driving a Hummer lookin' for those explosives.

Lets hope we can find it.

The International Atomic Energy Agency places a seal over storage bunkers holding conventional explosives known as HMX and RDX and PETN at the Al-Qaqaa facility south of Baghdad as part of U.N. sanctions that ordered the dismantlement of Iraq

we couldnt gaurd the explosives because we were wernt there!! no republican propoganda there...here right now im taking a cup from my desk..why cant you stop me? you even know im doing it, but since you arnt there you cant! they had plently of time between when the UN left and we got our troops there to move them. Thats what we get for waiting for the UN to help us...the only thing bush did wrong was not going in soon enough. also these 370 tons are 1/1000 of the stuff we have destroyed...cant anyone ever focus on the good?

looks like the dems october surprise blew up on them like a pound of stolen RDX....not even kerry talks about it anymore...hes back on haliburton :lol:

i hope kerry does get elected so some of you 30k a year fellas get your asses tore up, and end up gettin laid off, cause your company pulls out of the usa to out source your bullshit to some f*ck that will do it for a buck an hour....it will serve you right for voting for this cocksmoke...... i gave the goverment damm near a million bucks last year, my taxes go up any more ill sell my biz and retire, f*ck my 30 employee's who have familys, they can starve for all i care

Spoken like a true republican. If I could qoute the ever-angry Miss Brooke........ "Cry me a river".