I lost a race to a YFZ!!!

gurny

Yea its true I raced a 450 with cam mod, uni air filter, uranium plugs, and exhaust and lost but I wooped a stock honda 450. We raced on the pavement, the first time he had a better start and had me by a bike lenght the whole way. I only made it half way through 6th gear. The second time I had a great start and had him until I missed 5th gear!! I shifted from 4th and went to 4th. I didn t shift hard enough, then he passed me. With my mods I though I would beat him. I am so bummed. I never though I would have to post a forum saying I lost to another quad other than a shee. What other cheap mods can I do with out running race gas. I m at 170psi each cylinder now. How are those uranium plugs are they worth it??

Thanks, Kevin

hmm i beat one with toomeys , 80 over with wisecos, stock head , stock reeds , bored carbs , degree key, ricky stator , and the same gearing as you . with the gearing im in 5th and hes in 5th hiting the rev limiter, i still hada gear to go and was pulling , he kept up threw 4th buti had him the whole way .ithadthe same mods the oneyou raced did .

josh

I hear the cam mod gives the YFZs alot more balls. (they have alot of balls to begin with anyways) I beat a stock 450r on Friday. It's like they need another gear or something, they're pretty quick though.

Don't feel bad , I have been beat also , I ran up against a few with stroker kits , big cams , 13:1 pistons , running on alcohol , Damn there fast. And they looked stock!!

I was taking the wifes piped YFZ out and picking on a few of my freinds , but I soon quit in a hurry :o some people get very upset if you beat 'em .

I still like my banshee a whole lot better , I just get bored on a four stroke.

To successfully beat a yfz450, you need to be a good shifter and good rider. the yfz is a much easier machine to race because of the forgiving powerband, but if you miss a shift or just a little late, they will get the advantage. so it doesn't mean your machine is slower, but he might have just took advantage of a bad shift, or late shift, etc.

I hear the cam mod gives the YFZs alot more balls. (they have alot of balls to begin with anyways) I beat a stock 450r on Friday. It's like they need another gear or something, they're pretty quick though.

Yeah thats exactly what he said. The cam mod was the best thing he had done, gives the bike a higher rpm. The thing is how do I kill a craptor 660 with mods a loose to a 450 with mods? I no they only weight 350 but still. I think if I didn t miss that gear I would have taken him but o well.

i tore the honda a new one more than 5 times :headbang: I killed everyone off the line and pulled away from all stock machine ( not yfz :angry: ) beat tons of crapters with pipes and stuff

ok so i know im gonna get bashed for sayign this, but your stock shee cant beat a piped rapor. At least not if its running right and has a good rider on the seat

To successfully beat a yfz450, you need to be a good shifter and good rider. the yfz is a much easier machine to race because of the forgiving powerband, but if you miss a shift or just a little late, they will get the advantage. so it doesn't mean your machine is slower, but he might have just took advantage of a bad shift, or late shift, etc.

word. just word.

Don't worry bro a little more power and you'll get um. i was at coalfest and there was a yfz450 with K&n, cam, jetted, full exhaust, duking it in a drag 300 feet dumped it in 3rd and i was gone!!!!!!!! i also have a bigbore, mild port, coolhead, t5's,and some other little stuff.