Proquad101

No I never have gotten it to run right. If it is running right then it doesnt run like everyone elses does because I dont have the power it should. I feel like its running 50-60 hp NOT 80 somthing. I am SO PISSED at this thing I feel like selling it.

I think Jeffros isnt running right either. I am about ready to just throw my damn hands up sell it and buy me a fucking Grizzly or something. Or sell the engine and buy me a Trinity engine.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only hear one person so far having a problem with their Passion motor. I might be something minor or just a bad set up. There are so many variables that come into play when tuning a motor. It took me almost a year to really get mine running the way it should, but that was because I couldn't afford the set up the builder recommended to me. Pipes and carbs were a night and day difference on my motor.

broke

could i suggest maybe starting with some 300 mains and going from there?

They don't make Keihin jets that large, you have to start drilling them out after like 240 or somewhere near there.

For comparison I have the same carbs with a ported motor running clamp-ons, and I have 180 mains.

Dump the airfilter setup and put on some clamp-ons with 178 mains and 48 pilots and you should be real close. Mine ran like shit for 4 months untill i went to the clamp-ons and what a difference it made, this motor needs to breathe.

Just so you know it can take a while to tune in a new engine. Banchetta wasn't super happy with his... not a passion motor... but now he has it dialed in. He seems to be very happy with it now. Test and Tune. Welcome to the world of high performance engines.

Just so you know it can take a while to tune in a new engine. Banchetta wasn't super happy with his... not a passion motor... but now he has it dialed in. He seems to be very happy with it now. Test and Tune. Welcome to the world of high performance engines.

Thats one thing I've heard from various people I've grown up with and met that are in the racing scene here. You can't pick up an engine from your builder, drop it in your rail and expect it to run. There is always some tuning to do. When I got mine back from its little port job, the only thing I had to do was bump the jetting up 2-3 sizes, but it wasn't anything more than a clean up really.

Was it a turn-key deal like Duece's or did Jim port it and you assembled everything? I'm not trying to imply anything just curious.

Mine's not nearly as fast as it should be either and its running about the best it could. I put a 15 tooth gear and it slowed the bike down alot. It couldn't pull a 16 tooth. For the amount of money I spent I feel like I got ripped. When my bike gets beat by a bike with a milled head you have to wonder whats up... I'm done with the bike. I'm so sick of it I can't stand to own it. Mine was a turn key. I bought everything from jim. Pipes, airfilter, you name it.

And mine was built right after got1banshee's was built. Odd isn't it.

Edited by Jeffro