Yamalube

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no, it won't hurt anything, but I usually recommend to stick with the oil you use and don't switch around too much becuase different oils coat differently. more or less, there shouldn't really be a problem, I'm just an anal bastard. ;)

only thing it will hurt is your name ;)

just make sure you run the previous gas out of the tank and get it completly out of the carbs and youl be fine.

I dont understand what could possably be wrong with yamalube, its made by yamaha right?

I'll take the yamalube off your hands;

Email me if you want to get rid of it

P8121@hotmail.com

Edited by p8121

It's oil with yamaha's name on it..they want you to run it at 24:1. If you run it at 32:1 and try to get your shee on a warrenty replair, Yamaha will laugh at you.

i'm not about to pay more for another brand just cause it smells better. yamalube has worked just fine for my shee for 3 yrs. now. besides, how often do you ride in circles just to catch a whiff of your exhaust?? :blink: and i usually don't ride up behind people and say to myself, "hmmm, their exhaust smells so good!" i doubt anyone does it to me either. :flush:

I use nothing but Yamalube 2R in the shee and Cr500.Will never run full synthetic again.Synthetics leave too many deposits.Golden spec and klotz the worst of the bunch IMO.

Synthetics have a tendency to seperate from gas quickly.

Yamalube is a good semi synthetic.I've ran golden spec,klotz and amsoil.I didn't notice any power or driveability improvement over the yamalube.The only thing I did notice is massive build up on the pistons and combustion chamber.Yamalube has showed hardly anything after 2 years and both machine have excellent compression.

Theres nothing wrong with synthetic oils and there probably good for the most extreme conditions.Or in applications where the engine is being frequently dissassembled.

Of course this is my opinion and will be subjected to scutiny

Edited by Nightrider