Yamalube

Yamalube for the Banshee, Yamalube for the chainsaw, Yamalube for the weedeater, Yamalube for the bedroom. I love the stuff. My wife is 23 years old and still has very little deposits.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nightrider has some good comments and input. but it's not as good as SANDSTAR's lol. it all sems to boil down to preference. i myself run amsoil and am happy with it. when i rip my motor apart after the summer for a rebuild i'll decide what to do. remember 1 thing tho. deposits and such can be better or worse with a synthetic or non or a semi. but HOW U RIDE is whas determines how much or how little. correct me if i'm wrong. maybe thats why theres such mixed results. my 2 cents.

yamalube has proven itself to me over and over, so to me, there is'nt any other oils. I got an old arctic cat sled from a friend that kept burning up cylinders, and I had to modify a right hand cyl to fit on the left side, by cutting all the cooling fins off of it. every part of the motor was used, including the rings, but I did it as an experiment. I ran yamalube in it from the beginning, and it will be going on it's 5th season! It always starts on the 1st or 2nd pull and I've tried over and over to blow it up, and it just keeps on going.

Edited by blk02banshee

• 3 weeks later...

Nightrider, Yamalube isn't bad like I said.

My friend rides more than I do, same area, I ran yamalube for 4 years before I lost compression mixing 32 to 1. My friend ran Belray MC1 for 5 years mixing 50 to 1 and he tore his apart to get it ported, it still ran fine though! My engine had very little deposits like you said, but believe it or not his had even less....I tried Castor oil, and in 3 rides I had mroe deposits than after 4 years of the yamalube. I guess it's better sometimes to have depositis if you can make your topend last a little longer, but then again, if you can have the best of both worlds then i will run that. I had some deposits in the pipes fromt eh yamalube, nothing horrendous, my friend had 0 deposits! WHen I tried castor, I thought my pipes were going to plug up in no time (40-1)

I would also like to try the amsoil 100-1, my guess is that stuff burns very clean also.

Edited by Justintoxicated

Been using the 2R since she was new in 2000, no problems yet. I should check the compression just to see. But, I was considering changing my oil to something else, but now that I have heard so many other people happy with the 2R I think I will stay with it.

BTW: where can I buy big jugs of the 2R. The largest size I can find is a quart.

The only difference I can tell is the smell. It smells like burnt oil (makes sense). Castor 927 smelled great. I just can't justify the price difference on smell alone. I think that's the whole reason some people don't like Yamalube.

You can buy it from RockyMountain (www.rockymountain.com) in a 32 oz. bottle. Well, usually you can but it's out of stock right now.

• 4 weeks later...