How To Clean Pipes....?

I've never done it on the banshee, but i use Mopar conditioner (or SeaFoam) in my truck to get rid of carbon build up......

Seafoam is great. You can get it at Napa, Advance, Murrays if you have 'em.

http://www.seafoamsales.com (so you know what the old school can looks like in the store, and some info)

I ran it through the brake booster hose in my S10 like people recommended and it smoked like hell for 5 minutes while it did its work but took away a ton of hesitation. Great stuff. like $5-6 a can.

You may be able to find a way to utilize it to clean the deposits. It works wonders on intakes and the insides of engines though, lemme tell you. Also, Seafoam is one of the very few products actually endorsed by the FTC because what it claims to do... it does! imagine that for an additive/cleaner...

GM Top End Cleaner and Mopar cleaner are two other good similar products.

Edited by nater006

• 2 years later...

I think you would be better off cleaning your pipes off the bike. I was thinking the same thing when mine was down for the rebuild. Noticed some carbon and started asking around how to get it out of the pipes. I was thinking of filling them with oven cleaner or sandblasting them or both. Carbon build up is supposed to hurt performance and if you cant get it out some say replace the pipes.

how much seafoam would be safe to mix into my banshee tank i use 20:1 klotz benol. if anyone knows that would be sweet...

I would say that is your problem 20:1 and klotz benol. Benol is a great oil but burns very dirty. The most i would mix would be 32:1. Have you ever looked in to Klotz's Supertechniplate? It has 20% benol oil. As for cleaning the pipes try to get a hold of some boiler brushes. They look like a bottle brush. Plug the small end of the pipe and dump a can of sea foam in to the pipe and then go to town with the brushes.