Painting Jugs

i used some duct tape to blast them and it held up to the pressure, then some 3m masking tape to cover the holes before painting them. get crazy and powder coat them. it looks so much better and last longer.

why blast them?

Just go to wal-mart and get some duplicolor paint stripper in a spray can. Stuff works wonders. Sprayed mine, let them sit for 5-10 minutes and the paint basically fell off from running tap water, used a toothbrush on the tight spots I couldnt rub with my finger.

why blast them?

Just go to wal-mart and get some duplicolor paint stripper in a spray can.  Stuff works wonders.  Sprayed mine, let them sit for 5-10 minutes and the paint basically fell off from running tap water,  used a toothbrush on the tight spots I couldnt rub with my finger.

whats what im doin next winter, if im still alive. im prolly gonna do some pollishing of some covers and painting the case and juggs.

im thnkin of black case blue jugs and polished covers. but we'll see.

yea its not really hard, block of the outsides wtih newspaper and masking tape, paint stripper to get out the black paint, then i used high temp primer and high temp paint for the painting, but powerder coat would look and work great if u have the cash

• 1 month later...

Well...

Some of my posts to this topic aren't here after the new site renovation (which I love by the way).

Here are my jugs after I painted them. I used some high temp paint and covered em with clearcoat. (By the way...I know I still need to cleanup a little overspray where I couldn't mask them completely :) )

Whatdaya think? Once I start to get my bike back together, I will post pics of the unit along the way.

T :whoa:

Edited by troyminator