-1 Or -2, Which Should I Get?

TRUTH

a -2 rear end on a stock front might be a little much, i think the whole idea is that you shorten the ass end 2"s and extend the front end 2, changing the geomitry of the bike in your favor for lift and lower speed handleing....... i honestly have never ridden a bike with a shortened swing arm and a stock front end, but there is an inch and five eights in either direction of chain adjustment on your stock swinger, if you lost a link in your chain(youd need to add a half link) but youd be an inch shorter, youd hook better...... but the shee is heavy in the front so, stock hitting whoops is like smaking a brick wall compared to a stretched front end and a shortened ass end, when ya gas the motor the front end jumps off the ground cause the tires are hooking up not spinning, so when you do hit the berm the front end is up allowing you to continue down the trail without just getting your ass kicked..........

Edited by Blue Duece

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a stock front end (j-arm) with a -2 and it was fairly wheelie happy but handles really well. I now have the +2+1's up front and it's more controllable wheelie wise and handles like it on a rails. If you have any intention of going with +1's in the front I'd definately go -2.

Also I've got a brand new roundhouse Quicksand -2 swinger waiting to be installed this weekend (I broke the shortened stocker on a jump) It's about 10+ times better than my stocker ever was. Quality of the swinger is awesome, I'm very impressed with it.

Edited by PUSH THE THROTTLE

Thanks guys. I guess I was just wondering about how much adjustment is in the aftermarket swingers? Do you guys know if there is a similar amount as with the stock ones (1 and 5/8th)?

Also what brand of swing arms do you guys recomend or are the following brands pretty comparable? (Jannssen, Quicksand, Sanddragon) I'm afraid of getting my stocky shortened as it probably will compromise some of its strenth.

As for length I think I'm gonna go with a -1. I do want to get a-arms in the future(thinking +1, +1s), but its not a definite as I like the Shee being narrow where I ride at and the $$$ involved.

Thanks for the input,

Jeff

Edited by jprog7