-1 Or -2, Which Should I Get?

TRUTH

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can honestly say that i have had the best of both worlds. The minus one feels more stable on straights but isn't as strong in the corners. You can gag the -2 in a corner and your ass better be hold'n on tight cause it's gonna hook. The -1 seems to wanna spin in the corners. Not to many local tracks have long straights. I rode my -2 at macon and loved in the corners. But it got kinda hairy on the 6th gear straights.... so i just tightened up my dampner and took all the head shake out of the bars.

IMAO it just get it cut to a -2. You can take a link out and almost have a -1 swingarm. my .02's.

What Tats said the -2 is the way to go.Adjust it all the way in and it's -2 adjust it out and it's almost a -1.All you need to do is to have the right length chain to run what ever lenght arm you want it to be.The -2 does hook in the corners and makes it corner like mad.Get use to it and I think you'll like it alot.

IMAO it just get it cut to a -2. You can take a link out and almost have a -1 swingarm. my .02's.

Werd. & like TX said...with +2+1 arms, you'll get a chub just think'n it. :D

HELL YEAH, it changes the geometry of the bike and it puts the motor towards the back, you get major launches!!!!! If your motors built you might have to start in 2nd gear to keep from looping out on the starts.

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the input!!! :D You guys helped me decide on what to do..I am going with the -2.

Mr. Matt,

I will be shipping it out tomorrow, I'll drop you a pm to confirm it after it is out..Hey, you could always keep doing this and just charge more..you have a great reputation and i'm sure for the quality, guys wouldn't mind paying more..Just a thought..Talk to ya soon!! And thanks for the advice guys!! Much appreciated. Frank.

...Hey, you could always keep doing this and just charge more..you have a great reputation and i'm sure for the quality, guys wouldn't mind paying more...

I never really intented to start a business shortening swingarms. I posted some pictures after I cut my own down and then people started asking me if I would cut their swingarms down also. Since it is always nice to have a little extra cash, I started cutting few down and then more and more. I appreciate the business that I received. But it got to feeling like work and got in the way of the rest of my life. Hell, my mud truck sat for four months because I didn't have time to get the new engine running. <_< Plus, it felt like my only involvement in this website was making money, I don't want that.

I have posted a detailed 'how-to' in the Tips & Tricks section. Maybe someone else on here will pick it up.

TRUTH! You need to empty your pm box man. I keep tryin to pm you....

Hey,

Damn man, that is sweet all that land you have to ride on!!! I don't have any!! You bowhunt at all?

Heck yeah I know where Manitowoc is!! That is where the lake michigan ferry is..I am straight west of you, probably an hour or so..Dyracuse is sick man. There is an mx track and a supercross track and some trails. The Mx track is sick, HUGE and deep sand. Wide open 5th gear straights and big downhill jumps..I ride the mx track all the time. The supercross track is hardpack and tight with big doubles..I don't ride that track much..a little too tight for me..It only costs $10 to get in for the day..Anytime you wanna come check out Dyracuse, let me know. I could give you directions and meet you up there... There is a pretty nice track in Tigerton Too and a crazy sweet track in Chilton. With a sweet box truck to haul your machines, you gotta come check out some of these tracks!!! Talk to ya man, Frank.

I don't bowhunt, wanted to get into it but never did. I used to gunhunt a lot but not so much anymore. Just got kinda sick of it. I'd love to get out to Dyracuse sometime. 10 bux a day rocks. To practice in Chilton it's a $50 membership plus 15 bux every practice. Unless you buy a season pass then practices are free...but you gotta be able to get to every practice which is impossible for me cause first I live 30 minutes away and 2 my shits broke half the time. I'll give you a pm sometime and try to get out there. I'd really like to try out different tracks and stuff. It gets boring riding the same place all the time. I never been to Tigerton either. I'll talk to my friend sometime and let you know when we can get out there. Sounds like I have to take a roadtrip soon. Later

Bob

• 2 weeks later...
I can honestly say that i have had the best of both worlds. The minus one feels more stable on straights but isn't as strong in the corners. You can gag the -2 in a corner and your ass better be hold'n on tight cause it's gonna hook. The -1 seems to wanna spin in the corners. Not to many local tracks have long straights. I rode my -2 at macon and loved in the corners. But it got kinda hairy on the 6th gear straights.... so i just tightened up my dampner and took all the head shake out of the bars.

Hey Tat, going on that same principle, cant I get a -1 and adjust the chian tighter to make it close to a -2? :(