-1 Or -2, Which Should I Get?

TRUTH

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can honestly say that i have had the best of both worlds.  The minus one feels more stable on straights but isn't as strong in the corners.  You can gag the -2 in a corner and your ass better be hold'n on tight cause it's gonna hook.  The -1 seems to wanna spin in the corners.  Not to many local tracks have long straights.  I rode my -2 at macon and loved in the corners.  But it got kinda hairy on the 6th gear straights....  so i just tightened up my dampner and took all the head shake out of the bars. 

IMAO it just get it cut to a -2.  You can take a link out and almost have a -1 swingarm.  my .02's.

Hey Tat, going on that same principle, cant I get a -1 and adjust the chian tighter to make it close to a -2? :(

i think you could. when i had my -1 it was usually adjusted some where in the middle. i never tired adjusting it all the way in. <_<

when you rode the -2 what was done to the front end. It's hard as hell to wheelie with my -2 on dirt.

the homie didn't know. he just bought it and didn't know shit about it. it looked pretty abused but seemed to have plenty of go. It had some 28mm's and it was ported, but other than that he was clueless. The pipes were old school FMFs.

I would like for my front end to be a little lighter. It's harder to get it to come up than other quads I've had before.

Later.

I can wheelie upon command, could before I went -2 also. But the -2 made it a bit easier & more balanced, I also went with +2+1 a-arms at the same time. It's night/day as far as control vs. stock. I don't really wheelie any more than before, but I can without thinking twice about it if I want. In the air shee feels not so nose-heavy like the stock did, I imagine that'll get even better when I get me some blasturd pegs on there. :clap:

Alright, that's settled. I'll be getting a -2 arm, well, when I can ride again.

I liked my -2 when I had the stock front end, now I have +2+1 a-arms and I LOVE it, you couldn't pay me to go back to stock. I rode a 'shee this past weekend with the stock swingarm.... that ride lasted about 20 second. Felt like I was on ice compared to the -2.

Scott, Your more than welcome to ride my 'shee to test out the -2........ as long as were not in sand ;) . Get well soon so you can jump back up on the horse and ride.

Mike

heheheheh Stan, who was it that was doing wheelies at 125mph on his banshee?, i still want that guy to autograph my bible.........

thanks Mike i tried to cover it........... as you know i have 2 shee's one has a stock arm,the other a -2, when i just go from one to the other i swear it feels like im driving a "Station Wagon" with the stocker, but the stocker might be a pinch better if you wanna stay above 75 mph for any length of time on a fast flat desert road :D but otherwise my moneys on the -2, and of course that doesnt pertain to sand, i think, and thats just my 2 cents, the stocker blows for trails and tracks and all around riding, the balance is all wrong....... :cheers:

Your more than welcome to ride my 'shee to test out the -2........ as long as were not in sand  ;)

I primarily ride sand and would never go back to stock vs. my -2 arm. Have you tried it? I love the chit out of it, especially when airing it out at the dunes. Shweet. B) It can get a bit hairy while dragging, but it'll get'r dun just fine. :cheers:

I love the chit out of it, especially when airing it out at the dunes.

Yeah, I bet it feels great in the air, having that lighter front end. I can really tell how heavy my front end is when it's in the air. I've really been struggling over the idea of shortening it. My little accident has made me decide my next mod will be a shorter swingarm, because I can remember trying to pull her up and it not wanting to come up. That -2 arm sounds like the way to go.

Later fellas.

• 1 year later...

Ok guys I know this is an older post, but I have a question. I am considering a -1 swinger and would like to know if the adjustment screws are in the center when its -1. Therefore I should in theory be able to go shorter if I screwed the adjustment screws in and should be able to lengthen it slightly if I screwed them out?

Are any of you guys running the -2s with the stock arms. I don't do that much dragging, just a lot of play racing at an area with a lot of whoops, and at a nearby small mx track that a couple friends and I built. I want more traction, more wheelying capabilities, and a hell of a lot better adjustment procedure.

Of those that got new swingers with roundhouse carriers, what brands do you like the best. Sanddragon, Quicksand, or Jannssen?

Thanks for the input,

Jeff