Toomey T-6? Or T5s

Why would the t5s respond better to porting?  Wouldn't the fatter pipe be better for a big breathing motor? Toomey would not make a pipe that was  a step down from thier last design.

they want a pipe that performs better to the average joe, which the t6 does, but some pipes, based on how the sonic area is designed perform better than others with mods, i.e. porting, strokeing etc, as does the t5.

id say this is all bullshit, i had a heavily ported bike with timing advanced,coolhead 17cc domes aftermarket carbs, ported reed cages, carbon fiber reeds , the pipes(t-6) pulled hard as hell all the way through. im not trying to start a fight i'm just telling u what i know from experience..

Edited by reas11

id say this is all bullshit, i had a heavily ported bike with timing advanced,coolhead 17cc domes aftermarket carbs, ported reed cages, carbon fiber reeds , the pipes(t-6) pulled hard as hell all the way through. im not trying to start a fight i'm just telling u what i know from experience..

I agree, i had the t6's on my bike for a while pulled hard just wanted more on the top, t6's IMO are good all around.

Just go to toomeys website and look at the pipe sets. Under the T6 catagorie they say "for stock motors" and under the T5s they say "for modified motors" Im currently using sst's but I have used t5s in the past and they are a great pipe. call toomey and tell them what you are gunna do with your banshee and they will tell you what pipe you need... If I where gunna buy new pipes they would be toomeys Idk which ones but I would go with prolly T5s since I plan on some good motor work and I have read they respond better to motor mods but Idk I would call them and talk to the pros at toomey before I made up my mind... The T6's look HOT!! No doubt

It isn't really the porting that hurts the T6, it is when the port-timing is altered. The T6 is mostly for a stock engine, it will perform well when ported, coolhead, reeds, minor mods. But when you go deeper, the T6 falls short and the T5 responds! Call toomey and ask for Jay, he will explain it to you if you want more in depth info.