My Passion Motor

SCOTT PRESSLEY

Well I read the reveiw that Duce posted on his motor and it sounded like what I wanted,so I contacted Jim and we talked.I had like Duce talked to other builders and liked what I heard from Jim better ,so he don the work.I was going with the stroker but after talking with Jim oppted to do his Mx porting instead.

My total build included Jim's mx porting he also ported me a set of stock reed cages to match his porting installed boyseed carbon fiber reeds on them.Pro design intake with 28mm carbs,a pro flow adapter in the air box,timing advanced +3,lightened fly wheel,pro design cool head with 17cc domes.

This to me is going to be a very competitive set up.I took it for the first ride yester day.After going thur the breakin procedures I took it in the back to where I have a small tight track.Still not going to wot yet I was very pleased with what I have.I still have some fine tune jetting to do on it but I like it.After I get the jetting right and have a chance to take it to the big track I will post more about it. :headbang:

For got to mention that the motor started on the fourth kickand just set there and ideled like it was suppose to .Jim ported it to keep as much bottom and mid as he could and he did I'm running a 15/40 on it with a -2 swing arm and with out realy getting on it yet just still playing with it ,it will go in to a turn and come out of it in 3rd and not having to use the clutch.And as to how much, it wasn't that bad for it I think for complete build on the motor including a set of clutches it was around 750.00 with the help of the BHQ.All the moded parts were done by members here .

thats not bad at all .. hmmm gonna start saving now hehe . i would want somthing more for woods riding (trails) i want more bottom end and dont mind losing some off the top . could goto a 2:1 pipe but im set on DMC 916 . but for 150 bux i couldnt pass up these T-5's . maybe someday ill have a passion engine .

You can PM jim and tell him what you want and he can put it to gether for you .He is easy to talk to and does return his Pm's.Just tell him what you want to do and he will give you your opptions.He also will tell you how to get out of the build the cheapest way.Thats what I liked about him was when I told him what I wanted to do with this motor he started telling me what He could do to get it for me and then told me what I could do to save money doing it.He is real easy to work with

This post set me over the edge dude!!! i was being talked into getting a 450 for like the thousandth time and i read this post and decided to give the shee one mor chance for mx so i called up jm and talked to him, he explained everything. So tomorow i am sending my jugs to him(just got done pulling moter). i am getting his MX port and NOSS head with 20c domes. i cant fuckin wait, untill then it gives me plenty of time to make my quad mint. thats what i needed anyways was a look over :rolleyes: and im ganan send my shift star to boonman soon to. haha i fuckin love it. im ganna have a whole new quad when its put back together!!!

Well I got it jetted.Jim's sizes on the main and pilot jets were right on,it just took some adjusting to dial it in.This thing is a beast.1st gear revs out quick still 2nd is a little taller but when you get to 3rd it just goes and goes 4th is the same as 3rd and as for 5th and 6thwell I don't think on the tracks I race right now I'll even see them.every time you shift a gear it just pulls like muther.With what I have rode it about 12hr I have found that the power band has become more controlable for me,it's not so radical.Almost like you start in it and it never comes out of it .Also it is alot more respondsive to the throttle.I have a little flat track in the back and riding it I also think it would be a not so bad motor for tt racing.I was playing with it yesterday and it would come out of the turns : with the front wheels off the gorund just digging.Need less to say I have found The one I want to do my motor work :dance:

I'm running PC pipes and the timing is +3,And it is offical I LIKE IT. Went to the local sat track and was doing some laps just enjoying it and a new 450f showed up.We got to playing and I could pull the 450 on the straights.Found out that it was a guy I had ran last year his daddy just went and got this for him to run this year it was piped and jetted with the air box lid removed and all the good stuff on it for a sweet ride so it wont stock either.If you want to PM Jim at Passion racing you can do it with PassionRE.

Edited by SCOTT PRESSLEY