Jeting T-5's

91 shee, lid on snorkel off , bored 20 over , stock reeds umm what else do ya need to no .... stock carbs tors unpluged . t-5's with a K&N . not sure bout sea level (MO) . hope i got everything . where should i start with the jeting ? thanks guys.. dont no what id do with out the BHQ :headbang::cheers:

If you're gonna keep the airbox lid on, I'd start with 300 mains, 27.5 pilots, airscrews 1.5 turns out, and leave the needles in the stock middle clip position. That's assuming 32:1 premix, close to sea level, and 60-80 degrees F. Should be a safe starting point, and you can dial it in from there...

BTW you'll get better airflow if you can run without the airbox lid, but I'd go straight to 320 mains and 30 pilots for that, but if you really need it on for mud/water protection (or to keep your air filter on), keep it. Good luck, hope shee runs soon!!!

I'd start w/ 330-350 mains depending on area, stock pilots, needles in the 4th clip from the blunt end, and adjust the needles....Ben is right about the lid, if you can take it off, makes a huge difference...let us know how you make out... ;)

i might jus cut it 1.5 think that would be ok ?  thanks again for the info . ill keep ya posted

As long as you don't go through water more than say a foot deep you'll be OK...I cut the 1.5 inches off the back of the airbox and you will notice a nice difference in response. She seemed to have crisper throttle and pulled harder through the powerband. But if you ride through a lot of deep water I would not recommend doing it, simply because it only takes one good gulp of water through the intake to f*ck you're shit up!!! :o

Ive got about the same setup as you and run a 300 main with stock pilot and needles on the 4th clip. I used the supplied needles that came with the T-5 set. I might up the mains to a 330 and the pilot to 27.5 but right now it runs great...... Good Luck!!!

wooohoo :dance: the stator did the trick . i got to ride a lil today nothing real hard for some reason the clutch was sliping it never sliped befor any ideas ?

i played with the adj. screw on the perch and it helped alot . i also noticed a slite low end bog bout about 1/2 throttle maybe a lil less then half?

as of right now im still running stock pipes and filter (lid on ) .

im pretty sure the mains are 200's and poilot are 25's (stock)? i removed the snorkel , so i need to rejet right ? if i put in 260 mains would that be too much ?

im at 1200 feet above sea level if i remember right , 60-80 deg F . iv got a K&N filter comin so im gonna wait till then to put my pipes on (T-5's) like i said above it has been bored .20 . im gonna mess with it in the mornin maybe adj. the air screws clean the carbs up . sorry for the novel . iv been readin benbb's jetting FAQ so maybe someday i wont feel so stupid hehe . what do ya think benbb and or banchetta ?

jeff .....(sheeWASbroke) :headbang:

rrrrrr.. ok guys i put my T-5's on the shee my K&N hasnt got in yet so im still runnin stock filter ,lid on snorkel off the guy i got the pipes from gave me some 260 mains ( said thats what he was runnin in his) so im runnin 260 mains stock

pilots (25's) and the neddles i havent touched so 4th notch (stock). air screws 1.5 turns out.

i put some new plugs in (NGK BR8ES) new gas 93 oct. 40:1 formulaK2

well i went out to run her and check the plugs and shee runs like shit seems like the bottom end is ok but when i tryed to pin it open to do a WOT test 1 side droped off and spit and sputtered so i shut it off pulled the plugs and the left plug looked good choc. brown and the right looked brand new ? well i swtiched to new plugs and put the plug wires on the oppsite of what they were and it was visa versa as above .

could i have a plug wire bad ? im gonna clean the carbs again some time this week

do u think it could be jetting ? shee's just really runnin like crap .

iv gotta get it goin right my bro smoked me on a piped ...well im not gonna say , :shootself:

lets just say i got beat . banghead

sorry for the novel guys and thanks for any help . im at 1200 ft above sea level

" i think" .

jeff