Jeting T-5's

So you switched the wires and the opposite cylinder dropped out...correct? If so, then you have a bad plug wire or bad coil......

yep .. i just went out and messed with it again swtiched the wires back and both cylinders were hiting but when reving it u hear one drop off and then pick back up

gotta be somthin with coil,wires or ground . im geting tired of messin with it banghead i jus want the pos to run and run right . sure wish some of u guys were closer to me sure could use some onhand help lol . thanks agai banchetta

ok guys just to update ya on my shee, iv been messin with it all weekend and just tonight i got it runnin a lil better heres the scoop... i pulled the carbs off AGAIN pulled out my reeds to check um AGAIN they look brand new, cleaned um up threw the reed spacers in the trash.

bolted the intake back up then started on the carbs and checked and cleaned everything AGAIN the right carb float was bent all the hell dont now how but i no i checked the float hight 20+ times lol bent it back set it with my handy float hight checker (thanks to BenBB's jetting FAQ) . as of right now 300 mains,25 polits, needles 4 clip from the blunt end ( was on 3rd) air screws 1.5 turns out and shee runs pretty good

the plugs are a dark brown almost black so i think im a lil rich .

i think with a lil more tinkering ill have her runnin good .

but i still have a prob hope someone can help me .... when trying to start it,

it would fire up then die like it ran out of gas blaaaaa ring ring blaaa . i checked the pitcock and it flows like mad what could cause this ?

i also noticed the the left header pipe has a small crack in it ( saw where oil has leaked out) with this affect the performance? i can weld it up at work and prob will put just was wondering .

thanks to all ur help shee is running again i cant thank u guys enouph . :headbang:

jeff

Starting problem...are you using the choke w/ no throttle?? If so, then did you make sure you didn't swap the carb bowls? Is your idle too low after its warm?

The small crack will affect low end performance and will get bigger if you don't fix it....

oops... with or with out choke it does it. iv tried not giving it gas and giving it gas

fires up and dies . when its warmed up it seems to start first kick ( sometimes)

once i do get it started and just keep bliping the gas it will take off and then run

its weird . i guess it could be losing fire too huh? im just gonna keep tinkering with

it and hope it comes too . ya i also checked the carb bowls i got um right .

ill do a plug chop and post the pics that will be next weekend . thanks again banchetta.

jeff

But you shouldn't ever give it gas when starting cold. It should start up w/ no throttle and just choke...even if it takes a few kicks, it should still start right up...once it starts, I play w/ the choke. I'll shut it off, if my shee tends to want to stall, then I give it a little choke for a second or two and it'll rev back up...either your choke isn't working or you have plug pilots or shit in the carb bowls....

shee has a mind of her own lol runs then dont wanna run banghead .

its runnin good today pullin hard, 300 mains stock pilots needle on the 2nd from the blunt end yep 2nd i tryed all 5 and shee runs best on the 2nd . installed my K&N today breathes alot better now . just gotta keep playin with it i guess..

ill try the air screws tomorrow .thanks for all the help guys

jeff