Riding Boots

Ducman

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know they are not cheap... but the alpine star Tech8's are GREAT boots. They are VERY comfortable, and very flexable...  I swear by them now.

Only problem is they arent that cheap

no shit 300 fu@kin dollars +tax

i have alpine star tech 6's i wore around my house for about a month to get used to them and broke them in real good i also raised my shifter lever so i could get my foot under there better i don't even think of jumping a quad without them the first time your foot falls off you will under stand why i duno if its just me but i have really week ankles and the boots seam to absorb some of the shock of landing

Alpinestar...Tech 8's and for the street/track, Alpinestar...SMX-Plus

I was going to buy the Sidi Verts, but even the ones w/ the adjustable calf,

wouldnt fit around mine... :blink:

It took some getting used to the first(100) time i rode the shee w/ boots, but now 'im used to it...you just have to adjust your shifting style.

yea i wore my boots around my house for couple weeks sto break them in, no matter what kind of boots you get your gonna have to use a break in period and probably move the shifter up a lil because the boots are thicker then normal shoes

I used to ride with work boots..but you NEED the support of a good riding boot. I have had all kinds of foot problems..brused arches, heel spurs, fucked up both my ankles..Now I can't ride for long with regular boots. Riding boots have a stiff sole to help prevent the peg from burying itself into your foot, got ample support to keep your ankle working in the direction it's supposed to..and when your foot slips off the peg and gets caught in the tire from time to time..riding boots do a damn good job of minimizing injuries. I won't ride without them. Plus good boots have a removable mid sole that you can replace when it gets worn. regular boots on the other hand will get fucked after one good ride...I've broken steel shanks out on the bottom of a few combat boots and ran the soles down on others to the point the peg grips poked through the boot sole..that shit hurts.

• 3 weeks later...
I know they are not cheap... but the alpine star Tech8's are GREAT boots. They are VERY comfortable, and very flexable...  I swear by them now.

Only problem is they arent that cheap

i use the tech 8's also.......after riding with them you feel naked riding in sneakers....troy lee makes a killer knee gaurd also

whatever riding boots you choose will have to be broken in..... however, the army taught me the best way to break in leather boots.

mink oil and heat.

get yourself a tub of mink oil, paste it on th boots real thick.

now you can do one of two things:

1. if the boots have plastic buckles, i put them in a black garbage bag and sit them out in the sun or next to a heating vent for a week or so....

2. if metal buckles, i just throw them in the oven at about 250 to 300 for a few hours.

trust me, by the time you finish this method....the term "break in" will no longer be part of your vocab.

i think you want them boots nice and stiff at the ankle, otherwise you might as well wear sneakers, the beauty of them and knee gaurds are you eat it pretty hard and not twist or snap your ankle, just get used to rockin your foot up on the pegs to shift, after you get used to wearing them you wont want to ride without them

Well, I finally said scew it a bought another pair of sidi street boots off e-bay. They dont have quite as much ankel support as far as stiffness, but they actually have more armor and the vertebras are designed for flexibility and moevement but only up to a certain point and then they stop, kind of like an artificail joint or an ankel brace. If you haven't ever felt a sidi street boot, well, I just can't even compare them to the clunky, ski boot like, dirt boots.

As far as breaking in boots goes, every pair of boots that I have ever had, work boots, ski boots, motorcycle boots dirt/street or even regular shoes, if they didn't feel pretty damb good and function well when I tried them on and used them when they were new, they felt like shit and worked like crap when they were old too. The worst advice I ever got was when buying a pair of redwing steel toe boots and was told they would feel better when they were broke in. Ended up selling them for 1/4 of what I paid for them.