Pre Mix Ratio's

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the mixing ratios:

If you guys say 1:40

you mean 1 European liter of oil goes trough 40 european liters of gas?

hmm but i guess it wont make a difference.. since ratio would be the same for 1 gallon of oil mixing with 40 gallons of gas.

silly me :P-_-

On the mixing ratios:

If you guys say 1:40

you mean 1 European liter  of oil goes trough 40 european liters of gas?

hmm but i guess it wont make a difference.. since ratio would be the same for 1 gallon of oil mixing with 40 gallons of gas.

silly me :P  -_-

Exactly, a ratio is a ratio. You won't have any trouble if you are using the same units for measuring.

• 2 weeks later...

I used yamalube when I bought the bike maybe two or three quarts to break in the top end, after that I switched to Redline synthetic, 50:1 87 octane.

I don't feel it is the best oil on the market nor the worst, but I do like the properties,

I run it in my Banshee(50:1) my 88 CR 500(50:1) my 2003 Yamaha Zuma (scooter w/oil injection) and my lt 50 (also injection) I even occasionally run it in my wifes bike (yamaha Warrior) no fouled plugs, but very convenient,to be able to use in pre-mix or autolube/injection.

anyone else use redline? higher or lower ratios?

im mixin' Amsoil Series 2000 at 50:1, and the Amsoil injector oil in my RZ. Last summer I ran out of series 2000 oil so I just used the Amsoil injector oil for atleast 20 gallons of gas...... didnt have a single problem with the injector oil. Im back to using the Series 2000 stuff now but in a bind, the injector oil will work for ya.

Holyman is an Amsoil dealer, if anyone wants to try Amsoil just drop Holyman a PM. After nearly 4 years of 50:1 Amsoil use, my top end is still together and in one piece, altho I am due for a rebuild soon.

• 2 weeks later...