Coalfest

Meat

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what happens when its rainy the day before and you head up there, its not as dusty and you dont collect as much dust on your filter, but it sticks to EVERYTHING, like a fine grit....I'd rather have this than the dust field.....your filter will look a lot worse if its dusty:

yamaha-banshee-01-bikepics-144547.jpg

yamaha-banshee-01-bikepics-144545.jpg

yamaha-banshee-01-bikepics-144546.jpg

yeah, it's always a good time up there. If you look at the last pic, theres 8 or 9 plugs in that gash in my realtors, and I dont even wanna think about how many holes I had to plug with my front stock tires, needless to say I bought new tires and rims all around after that trip.

Definitely bring your plugs.....you're gonna need them. Kevlar lined tires and 6 ply tires seem to do pretty well. 4 ply (like the realtors) obviously didnt cut it.

whatsup everyone, I have'nt been online much lately. Got pretty sick for like 2 weeks and lately iv been busy wrenchin' on the quads. There's exactly 30 days till CoalFest 2004 !! Just wanted to update the thread, me and RR04 have been workin' on the campsite. We've been cutting down small trees, picking up garbage, making firerings, clearing out brush for places to pitch tents, moving rocks, cleanin' up trails, gathering firewood. The camp looks great, there was alot of garbage like beer cans and bottles laying around, and we picked up every little piece of garbage around, the place looks really good. We made a nice central fire ring and we're working on two smaller rings. There's a big giant coal shovel that sits right in the middle of camp, we cleaned out all the broken glass around and inside the shovel. We cut a pile of trees down to clear out the area. We stacked brush piles all around camp so everyone should be able to find enough firewood. We cleared off a trail that runs through camp, so now you can ride right down the center of "basecamp". We're going back out to do some more work, we're planning on making a nice horseshoe pit and we'll have a killer drag strip. There's a big, and I mean BIG canyon 60 yards from camp. Ride over to the edge of the canyon and the base of the canyon is 80 feet down. This is where we'll have the drag strip, so guys can sit on the rim of the canyon and look down at the quads drag racing, great for video taping or taking pictures. 100 feet and 300 feet drags right ???

Minkia mentioned K&N filters.... Ray are you coming ??? K&N filters will be fine, just bring some cleaner and oil and keep em clean, and Outerwear is a good idea.

Abyss.... since your not coming.....your not allowed to be posting to this thread anymore :evil::D Seriously tho... get your ass up here damit, there's going to be a ton of BHQ regulars coming and we need you to show up. Have NYUK kidnap you or something. And what you said about tire plugs is right... everyone bring your share of tire plugs, fix-a-flat, foot pumps, CO2 cartridges etc etc... bring that extra set of tires if ya got em. Dont come here with 18 inch rear tires on. Bring goggles, bring a drink system\camelback, bring skidplates, bring tire repair stuff, bring your own beer :cheers: and food, bring ice, bring lots O' gas, bring a cell phone, a camera, a GPS and those nifty little walky talkies. NO FIREWORKS AND NO GUNS.

Walter\Banshee370. Get yer ass down here. Banchetta will be stoppin by to pick you up.

Rumor has it.... BenBB is pickin' up Cotton eye Joe and they're bringin' strippers. SweetShee your too young to see the strippers so you'll have to close your eyes when they're dancin'. And Sweetshee..... are you going to have your Banshee running in 30 days ?? Let me know if I can help ya with your rebuild.

Fixitrod. Whats up ? coming ?? Pick up Pointdexter\Spoin on your way.

H300. Where exactly in Pa are you from ?? If anyone is near the pittsburg area.... drag FadedDreams out to the big ride.

OCShee. Are you coming ???? Get that caster setup and get yer ass down here. Just take 81 south and you'll be here in no time.

03orangeShee. Whats your story ?? Are you bringin' your crew ?? Bring that Tri-Z along.

Anyways....................... 30 days and countin'.

Thanks for trying to get me there Meat,but I'm probably not gonna have my shee ready by then.If all else fails,i'll just bring my brothers Mojave just so i can see what the riding is like out there.As long as my cousin doesn't start school by then,a ride not the problem.Maybe if you have another one in the fall i can try to make it,at least then i'll have the Shee back and better than ever.

T shirts finally got the printer to get all the info and stuff together and the art work and so forth uploaded to his format here is a taste if ther is enough interest i can get them done and shipped out to you guys. I wish i could make but swamped at work cant get the time off. here is the pic if you guys want some text or something added let me know.

f8c491f4.jpg

I'm still not sure. I have to say it's not looking good and I'm not making excuses. I have found a house but haven't sold mine yet. I have to swing an extra $1200 for the next couple months and have no idea how I'm going to do it.

If my house sells and all goes well... I WILL BE THERE.... but until then.... probably not. It's coming down to both time (moving date) and money.

I'm doing what I can here.

Edited by fixitrod

Dammit Rodney. I wish there was something we'all could do to help. Buying/selling home(s) is a disaster. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. It is supposed to be a happy thing and all, and it always ends up being a nightmare........

Meat I live in Dallas, near Wilkes-Barre. And she isnt running now but I will make sure it is by next weekend!! drag races sound fun. damn i still have to take work off too, im gonna take care of that tomorrow. i hope i can get sat and sun off but if not one will have to do!!!!