Rear Sproket Question

got1banshee

Just divide to get your answer.

17/40 witch would actually be 40 divided by 17 ... 2.35 which is the gear ration your after

x / 16 = 2.35 .... x = 37.6 so, if you want to go a little higher then go 37 and 16. If you want to go a touch lower go 38 and 16.

Hope that helped... lol

As you can see ... sdd's method is easier... lmao

http://www.jlatvproducts.com/

I called james lucky atv one time and they said they have them in stock. Look them up on google... Actually I will... here's the phone number.. 1-800-233-2637. I posted it for someone looking just about a week ago.

They have a huge catalog online but I don't think the sprocket sizes are listed properly... if I remember right.

Where can I get a 36t-39t I looked at rockymountainatv.com and I also looked at there catalog and found nothing.

thanks guys

see thats your problem got1..... i had to take a 4 bolt 38 tooth sprocket and lay it out against a 6 bolt and drill it, kinda a pain in the ass, and it has to be dead on, or youll throw your chain....the motor reacts a little diff to a taller front than a smaller back also......ask some of the guys with high horsepowered shee's if there snapping chains......you could go to a 530 pitch instead of 520....

I run a 38 toother, but... im using honda rear sprockets. I had to change my sprocket hub to the Honda style.  Good luck finding smaller Yamaha rear sprockets. The lowest Iv seen is 40, but I havent looked to hard either. :D

thats all i could find also.......you'll need a 4 bolt hub....i looked high and low myself......and moding a 4 bolt to 6 will work but is a pain and isnt the prettiest looking either.....

Duece, how will that engine react to a 16/40 pretty good?

jims motor will pull the shit outta that 16.......i can do third gear wheelies, not even trying with a 17/40....it pulls so hard from way down low......try the 17 or 16 up front you can allways change it f you dont like it......the 17/40 will do about a 100 mph...... for trails and mx i think you will dig it ........i can jump on the track and stay in third,with a little clutch for the slower corners....