More Bottom End

NE-Shee

I have a 2003 banshee with a few mods, tr6 pipes, k&n filter,trinity stage 4 head 20cc turbo domes, and bandit tires all the way round. I have solid top end but the bottom it a little soft? My question is what can i due to tighten up the bottom end. Change the front sprocket? I dont care to loose a little top end, I just want it more snappier on the bottom. Thanks

gear down one tooth, it will make all the difference in the world. i bet you wont even ntice that much of a top speed loss. if you are trail riding and hill climbing there is really no need to be able to run 80 mph. i had mine geared at 12/41. it was perfect. i had a set of toomeys on it and it still pulled really long and hard on the top even tho i had it geared way down. i like to have the lower gears rather than the higher ones. but again this all dependson what you do with it. if nothing else i would say go to a 13 tooth front sprocket. if you dont like it you are out about 15 bucks or so.

the only way to get more low end is to either get it ported or higher compression will help out....Why did you get high rev pipes if you wanted low end power???? Should've got a 2 into 1 pipe or a set of twin midrange pipes.....If it really bothers you, then I'd strongely suggest a different set of pipes. Makes a world of difference...

not to go against anyones advice but try gearing down one tooth in the front. i think this will help you get to where you wanna be. gear down one tooth and you will be able to take off in higher gears, but still have the pipes to pull through the top end. i would really consider trying a 15 dollar gear first, then if that doesnt work maybe switch pipes.

The new T6 is still a high rev pipe w/ more low end compared to the T5, but its far from a midrange pipe......I'd get a high compression head and that might get you enough low end to get by....I doubt a lower gear is your answer, you'll still have that low end lag regardless of gear...You can also play w/ your jetting, that could take out some of the lag also....Adjust the air screws and are you running w/ the air box lid on?? Stock filter??

I am running a k&n with out the airbox lid.. Also i have a trinity stage 4 head with 20cc turbo domes.. This is what trinity recomended for my elevation without any future porting or only running pumped fuel. Racing fuel is hard to find in my area...Thanks i will try the front sprocket... Also due delta v-force reeds due much?