What Do You Worry More About When You Crash?

trail rider

i was out at badlands in indiana and jumped my 96 over a good 25 ft. gap and came up to far....when i hit the ground on the side two wheels i popped right off...once i realized i was ok (thank god for helmets) i ran over to the shee...nothing was wrong but as my freinds came over i shouted that the kill switch worked lol the damn hillbilly doctor person there put some tape around my roadrash and i rode the rest of the day...it sucked taking the tape off....he didnt put anything else under it...i ripped all the skin i had left off it sucked

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm more worried about me. My shee can be repaired or replaced, I can't. When the shee is broke it sucks, but when I'm broke I can't work and the shee and my other toys would probaly have to go to pay bills. Maybe I've been injuried to many times to worry about the toy I'm on.

11 screws, 2 plates, and a broken back not all in the same crash

well i ran into a a dumptruck on the trails and god only knows why there is a big frigan dump truck that can barly fit troughbut we booth went around the corner coming from opisite ends and i was frigan lucky i only bent my back fender straight down and when the crash was dont i had my rer left wheel stuck onder his old 76 dumptruck bumper but i got him as good as he got me i took he turning signal out with my elbow when i was stick in the air trying to turn the bike right but i was more woried about my quad i was swaering all the way homw just becous my rear fender looked funny but if got in a bad crash i would be more worried about myself

but evryone should always drive safe no matter what the banshee tells you

I'm finding out right now that I'm more important than my shee. A new lever for my magura and my stock stem back on and my shee is good to go. I had a belated injury show up yesterday. When I crashed the fracture in my elbow hurt the most but what I didn't realize is I jammed my knee too. No big deal then but after a simple 3 mile run yesterday my knee is locking up and really sore. I'm hoping and expecting it to heal but its an eye opener. I'd rather look like the biggest tool with elbow pads, kee pads, kidney belt, chest protector, helmet, riding pants and shirt than mess get F'd up really bad. As you prior military and current military know once you mess up your knees your done. So next time I crash (cause if you ride hard enough there will be) I will be the only thing I worry about. My shee really can be replaced much easier if I still have a job after my crash.

I have never crashed yet (thank god) but I don't do a hole lot of crazy stuff because I am afraid of hurting my Quad not me haha so I take it easy on the jumps and stuff. Of course I havn't been riding as long as most of you guys either, I got my Banshee about 3 months ago and was only able to drive it for 1 month untill the old lady blew it up.

First and hopefully only time I've REALLY crashed (like 50+mph) was like a week after I bought my shee, when I got up the machine was on top of me I was so disqusted, kicked it and flipped it over, could have cared less at that time I thought for sure it was totalled, I was more concerned with broken bones/the trip to the hospital, took me about 10 minutes to recooperate myself and then I worried about the bike. It was fine, and so was I. :) lucky and I'll never forget it.

i haven't had hardly any crashes with my 'shee. almost lost it at the top of a snow covered hill climb a few weeks ago though. it was the first time i didn't make it to the top of a climb with my shee. damn snow!! i think within 1/2 of a second i imagined various broken bones, and also all the parts i'd have to replace if she rolled. so i bailed as it started sliding backwards but latched on to the bars and ft. end to try to stop it from rolling. it kept sliding and took me with it, and somehow ended up having my leg pinned under the back tire against the rut of the climb, but at least it stopped it till help came. it took 4 of us to slide it down the hill without losing it. my first thought was to save myself i guess, but i never gave up on my shee. both of us made it to the bottom in one piece, thank god.

me, the machine is easily fixed, i'm not

exactly !!! some day you youngins will understand. the bikes rebuildable, sometimes your not. i feel old but use to think the same way, now, hell with the quad i can rebuild it with better parts :ph34r:

• 4 weeks later...

Just do what I do...

Stand up, move your fingers and toes. If they are still there and working, start laughing...Trust me you'll know where it hurts when ya start laughing. Oh ya and always call your girlfriend or wife and tell her your back is all scratched up because you rolled your quad. :rolleyes: Then find out what ya broke, fix it, rinse wash and repeat. :blink: