What Do You Worry More About When You Crash?

trail rider

I look at like this, if somethings gonna break, might as well be the bike. Let me explain. If I get all tore up, I might need fixed & then the doctor gets all my money. But if the Shee gets tore up, I get to spend my hard earned money on bad ass parts. If both my quad & myself get tore up, of course the Shee gets fixed first!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never crashed the banshee but I have done a number on my Blaster (pre-shee). Whenever I crashed the first thing I did was get to my feet and find the quad. Generally it was more to make damn sure the quad wasn't comeing for her revenge on me and secondary was to get it under control. I would have to asume if I was hurt very bad I won't jump right up and if I couldn't jump up I would just lay there. So look at it however you want, but that is what I do. Also I have never bail off a quad on purpose. Some think that is stupid I just think I haven't learned how to give up on a ride yet.

I worry about myself first, then others, if I am not solo. Then I worry about my shee. Then again, if you know the terrain, how others you are riding with ride, and know your limits, ya just have to be cautious, nothing to worry about.

Just when you think you know it all and can do it all, you end up getting burnt. Been there done that, respect my '03 shee now. :)

2 years ago I broke 12 bones at one time and I MADE myself ride back because I wouldnt leave my bike out in the sand. Kinda lame now that I look back - but all I could think of was "someones gonna steal my bike if i LEAVE it" lol

OUCHHHHHHHH!!

damn that made me hurt just THINKING about it lol

Id rather have the 12 bones lol The shock really kicks in tho and it never seems quite as bad as it is. Unless there are bones poking out or something UUGHHHH..How long did THAT take to heal?

I have bad luck with new parts. I bought all new plastics and the first time out on them crashed..had bought new headlights..second time out after ..crashed... and the list goes on and on..so im thinking ill crash once with the single carb kit im buying..then ill owe four crashes for the hiper tech rims..after that ill start buying second hand..maybe that will kill the curse lol

u just broke the number one rule of NEVER saying u dont crash lol its like saying "just one more ride..." certain doom lol

yeah i think i am cursed really..but you cant say im not TRYING hard enough when i ride ..ugh

be careful out there. no crashing..please..keep your luck good :)

i dont know, i may just be stupid lol thats what my friends say at least..but what do they know..they dont ride (said with much distaste)..thanks tho :)

yeah the ride home SUCKS. especially when its FAR..glamis to home had to be the worst ride ever. i went alone and had to drive myself home. Ill never ride alone (that far from home) again..i believe in the buddy system..that way someone can drive your broken, mangled carcass home..

I got my shee back in October and hadn't crashed it until last month. I was getting really nervous because when you don't crash, you know that when it finally does happen its going to be bad. Well I was out riding with some friends and 2 of em took off to go on a ride. Feeling like riding myself I hurried up and put on my gear and went tearing off after them. The trail split to go up either side of a small valley and I took the left path. Within a few feet I ran into some girls and asked them if they'd seen my buddies. They had, on the other trail. Rather than backtrack to the split I just shot off across the brush burning through the gears. Just as I shifted into 3rd a big rut appeared in front of me. Uh oh I'm thinking as I slam the brakes, here's that crash I was dreading...

Front wheels dropped into the rut and I jumped as hard as I could in hopes of clearing the bars on my way over. I cleared them and landed on my feet and began taking giant leaps from foot to foot to bleed off my speed. Came to a stop still standing. Okay now how's the bike I thought. Turns out it was just fine. Wheels hit square and I think I'd managed to dump enough speed so nothing even bent. I pulled it out of the rut and fired it up just as my buddies came back down the trail. If your gonna crash, I'd say that would be my favorite kind.