What Do You Worry More About When You Crash?

trail rider

for me, I am always more worried about the machine than myself. when ever I wreck my dirt bike I always jump up and pick it back up to make sure nothing is broken or the handlebars arn't bent and then I start it to make sure it still runs. So far I haven't wrecked my quad cause I always ride responsible and try not to do anything stupid.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have to say its a good mix with me. I've rolled my shee with a big dropoff down into the woods on the one side of this hillclimb. I ended up rolling down the hill holding onto my shee trying to keep it from going down into the dropoff. Ended up with my shee upright, smacked up against a tree with a dented a-arm, and myself pinned backwards wrapped around a tree......but I was still holding onto the shee.

I knew I could save it on that one and only banged my knee on a rock on the way down, but if I dont have a chance, I'll let it go......I'll do anything to save it....but I wont really injure myself to save her....thats what insurance is for.

i never though anyone was like that other than me when i crash i freekout about seeing if my bikes ok everyones like dude dont move and i am always asking if my shees fuc*ed up

Same here, when i rolled my machine down the hill, i held on as long as i could before i got the ejection seat, then when it rolled over me i started chasing my shee down the hill when it was barrel rolling, in my case i had to spend alot of money to get it fixed.

im definatly worried more anout my machine. last weekend i t-boned a ds-650 doing about 40mph. the whole time i was flying though the air, my first thought was"that cant be good my shee shut off when i hit him" then when i landed it was"oh man i hope i didnt bend anything" totaly ignoring the trobbing headache i had from the concusion i got, until i realized i had bent my upper right a-arm back 3 inches and cracked it and made my shock look like a half moon. then the headache set in. worst feeling in the world when you hurt your pride and joy

It kinda goes back and forth. When I rolled my shee I got thrown so it was me I was worried about, cause I initially thought my shee stopped dead, then I realized it was rolling so I was like oh shit my shee, then I was like oh shit my shee is gonna roll on me so it was back to me. Then I came to stop and heard my shee screaming (upside down with throttle pinned can't be good) so I was yelling at my budding who was runnig towards me to kill the motor so he ran to my shee to shut her down. Again it was back to me cause the pain set in, I tore off my gear said a quite a few curse words then I was ready to ride again. I then noticed that I bent my steering stem and all my pain went away and the focus was back on my shee. I know a long answer but that's how it happens.

owhen i first rode i didnt wanna f*ck myself up, but you know, ive spent too much time and too much money on my quad so im worried about that a lil more then me, but if it came down to my life or the shee, id have to go with myself

There was this one time though when I was riding my dirt bike pretty fast (about 50 mph) through the field when I come up to this low spot where all the water drains and settles in the ground. I was only about 10 ft in front of it when I remembered and without thinking I slamed on the front brakes, big mistake :lol: .

The handle bars jerked and I literaly flew through the air about 15 ft and rolled on the ground. I didn't have a helmet on but I didn't hit my head, but my back took most of the impact. I layed there a couple of minutes cause I was to sore to move.

And the funny thing is the bike was just laying over and nothing was wrong with the damn thing. :D