Az -Street legal banshee blew on me...rebuild

The top plate can stay. However, the little half moon retainer below it needs to come out. Tried using a small impact driver or even a dead blow screw driver?

Thanks for the reply man tryin to get these cases split asap haha but I used an impact drill was able to break loose the right screw

But the left screw it's kind of grinding against the gear closest to it and the clutch spacer in the middle not to much but it's till making contact here n there

should it be alright or should i look into new ones ?

I wasn't able to break that one so I'll spray some blaster and try that one again later Thanks again

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

take a small cutting wheel and cut a nice cut in it and bang it loose with an impact driver and dead blow.  I took apart a motor that sat for 20 plus years and i had to do that on almost every screw on the side covers. it will work

Edited by Ayesully810

Ahh okay I saw that on a vid just wasn't sure the name

ha gotta pay attention thanks a lot for the info guys

hopefully by the end of weekend I should have cases split..

By the way anyone know the size of that top screw or where I could get one I stripped the head so I'll do wat sully says

but I looked on FAST and i seem to only find the plate stopper screws which seemed to be a little bigger than the top screws I could be wrong tho..

figured I'd replace that top right one since I was able to break loose the left top screw without damaging..

• 2 weeks later...

8caf87745f47feb000a62d7fa4d7feed.jpg

Last question , I'm cleaning the cases with citrol is that okay to use and can I leave the shift drum and forks in there when cleaning it and spraying it down with water after ?

The manual says take it out but if I don't got to I'll leave them in . Or should i take the drum out and forks? Thanks guys

Hey guys.. so went to a shop here in AZ to see how much it would be to weld my crank and to bore my cylinders .

The guy said that for the amount of power I'm throwing down I won't need that weld unless I'm going over 9,000 rpms? Any inputs on that he said he'd charged me 80 for the weld if I wanted to do it which I told him I did for insurance but let me know what you guys think .

As for the jugs he said he would bore them out 60 each ?

Than I started talking to the guy about how far along I was on the project and he ended up letting me know he would be able to assemble the motor for 200 and sync the carbs for another 100 . I ended up showing him how my cases looked, trans ,all that good stuff n he said to clean and make sure everything 100% on motor and carbs he'll charge $400 how does that sound? But doesn't include clutch I'll have to end up getting a new one on that so basically I just bolt the motor in and connect what need to be conneted and start her up he said he'd do the leak down n all that. What do you guys think? This bike will be done by the end of week back on the streets of AZ 

Edited by fckawhipboughtabanshee

^^That and also save yourself the money of somebody else putting it together and just do it yourself. Between a Clymers and this site there is more than enough information. There is even a step by step walk through on a lower end assembly somewhere on here. There really is not much to it. If you do it yourself you will know what all is involved. One more thing is I am not knocking the shop you talked to by no means, but there is too many horror stories out there of "shops" screwing people over. If you do it yourself you will know it's done right.

Shit .. I should've just went with that option but it was all a last minute thing and this guy already has 300 on hand so I figure eff it... live and learn..

and trust me I know lol I've seen so many people say weld it and I keep insisting for that but for some reason this guy just kept saying I didn't need it lol I'm paying so idk what the problem would be ha he just texted me right now saying I'm needing a clutch , 23 cc domes and Japanese Main bearings , any recommendations on if that a good size domes for they type of riding I do . 

Thanks for the response guys helped out a lot.. kinda sad now tho that I let go of the project like that , kinda feel sketch leaving it but we live n learn shit with the type of riding I do there will be another project in the near future and even disassembling it helped me out with the basics ahah thanks again guys.

Ye man was really considering it might as well since I'm needing to order in those parts ha I can't even find 23 cc domes just 22,

and ye sadly he is a known shop here in tuc nobody else works on banshees here or quads older than a 2002 or 1 I forgot what ridenow had said but he's basically the only known shop here that does banshees .. next time a go to his shop I'll show u all his projects there mean bro ...