Az -Street legal banshee blew on me...rebuild

Sully Awesome thanks man I was a bit worried about it.

most def I'll ask him what psi are in each jug , leak down , pressure, anything else I should be looking for I'll honestly post up some better pics once I get the motor tomorrow he had sent those through phone so u can't see detail to well. I'm stoked about getting it back

sully about those domes I got 22 there were the only ones I could find do I need to have him do anything with a cool head top? 

52 minutes ago, fckawhipboughtabanshee said:

By the way what do think about that weld job on the crank? I wanna make sure I have everything  💯 before I try to start that motor up, and tomorrow I'll have more detail on what was done to the carbs and what size he went on those

-Im not sure about the weld job someone else might have to chime in idk how to determine if its good or not. 

-He wont (shouldnt) know the xact psi in each cylinder unelss he puts it in the bike and does a compression test (assuming the roller is in his possession)  

-A leak down is a pressure test, it just tests for air leaks.  Its important that this is done. A compression and pressure test are different.

-22 domes should be good, just do a compression test and make sure your not over 150 psi for pump gas. 

-Make sure you post the jetting specs in here  before you start this thing up.  Pilot, Needle position, Main jet sizes

Reliability will depend on YOU. Tuning being the biggest thing. Run it on the rich side, because you'll be running longer distances at almost full throttle. Also gear it so you don't have to scream it to go the speed you'll cruise at.

Yamahaused the same basic design in a street bike.

Worn out parts are guaranteed to break sooner than later. Keep up on maintenance.

Got the motor ! Already dropped it in

connecting the wire back to the carbs were fun ha but everything looks good so far just waiting to go get some gas and start it up , nervous but we'll see.. any suggestions before starting it up hopefully I got everything out in right

He said jets were at 360

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Try adjusting your idle screws for your high idle. Your throttle cable may also need a little slack if it’s tugging your slides up slightly. As far as the clutch goes.... Take out slack on your perch on the clutch cable. If that doesn’t work, you will have to adjust at the basket or your cable is stretched. Push on the clutch actuator arm on the top of the case with your fingers. It should stop when the arrow on the arm meets the arrow on the case. When you have that adjustment... lock the nut adjuster screw and take out slack on the perch. You should have a little “free play” in your lever. It shouldn’t be so stiff that the clutch cable is completely tight through the entire clutch pull.

Thanks man ye just ended up takin it to my builder real quick and he had saw the carbs were lightly off sync

and as for the clutch he had adjusted it has far as it could go he said the lever was worn out and had to be replaced

but shit I was rippin it not to long ago it pulls hard man , haha forgot how it felt to hit the powerband bouta lift off and shit but thanks for everyone's input really appreciate it 

#2-StrokeLife💯

Edited by fckawhipboughtabanshee

Day 2 rode the banshee for a good distance at about 45-50 mph, opened it at full throttle real quick pulls good all the way through

Sounds real good at idle a little too good haha if I'm able to I'll post a vid just wasn't to sure if you can on here.

Edited by fckawhipboughtabanshee

Broke my damn gas tank cap.  Dumb question will that work on the banshee https://www.ebay.com/itm/VITOs-aluminum-Gas-tank-cap-Yamaha-Banshee-YFZ450-Raptor-660-w-billet-vent-cap-/292197741667 was tryna look for OEM can't happen to find one ? Maybe not lookin right but anyone's used that cap before ? They any good?