Need compression tester

Get a chariot billet clutch basket and straight cut gears from FAST

Yamabond

lol just realized the leak down is a compression test in reverse my bad 

Chariot Banshee Billet Water Pump Impeller Standard Flow WITH Gasket $60

Billet Clutch Basket-Banshee $160

I'm gonna get those from FAST right?

POD Filter Kit with Outerwears for Banshee 

will these help keep water out when I'm driving in the rain? 

Billet Inline Cooler & Temp Gauge

is this something I should get ?

all from FAST

I would still heavily recommend getting the hinson spring loaded basket for the amount of hours you put on the bike...  your going to burn out the cushions on standard baskets from so much use... and I also find the hinson basket far superior to other baskets ive seen...  FAST should be able to get the hinson kit in as well so it could all be shipped from 1 place

http://hinsonracing.com/product/straight-cut-gear-yamaha-yfz350-banshee-1987-2006/

For a temp gauge I dont find those inline temp gauges really useful, you cant see them while your riding nor can you see them at a red light unless you lean way over and look under for it...

Trail tech makes an awesome digital temp gauge and for one heck of a price imo....  again this is something FAST can order in to keep everything together for shipping...

https://www.trailtech.net/tto-1      

Also for the amount you ride... It may be in your best interest to get an hour meter and a compression tester that way you could keep track of the condition of your motor. lets say every 10 hours do a comp test and at X hours consider changing out top and replacing crank seals ect...  would pro long motor life and prevent catastrophic failure... 

Trail tech also makes a TTO hour gauge... their nice and small and can be mounted virtually anywhere...

Crapy pic.. but heres a pic of my TTO Temp gauge and hour meter  on my bike for example.

and last but not least... pods SHOULD be ok when its raining. its when you go and hit fairly big puddles or what not  they could get wet.  the pre filters will deflect a lot of water but not all

0vd00EI.jpg

Edited by ride.race.live

Alright yeah forsure whatever recommended ill try out so ill just go with hinson loaded basket and see how that goes ( it wont be to stiff on the clutch will it?)

greatly appreciated hah im the type that if it looks like it works and useful for the shee than i add it to the cart so you saved me from useless stuff

Damn bro that sick! i didn't know you could put digital hours wonder how that reads the amount of hours good shit will definitely use that no joke 

Ayyy na bro thats a sick set up man!

really? i dont know than because i noticed my throttle getting stuck and starting to kinda boggin when i would drive in the rain . i mean not immediately but it was a good 30 min driving into it Just started feeling weird but i mean the air filters i used before weren't as good (Pro Design Pro Flow Foam Air Filter Kit) those are the ones i used last time not to sure if it was the texture or some.

But hey on that rain note , i had shitty traction i mean horrible even with DOT street tires (GBC AFTERBURN STREET FORCE 25X10RX12) (GBC Afterburn ST Force Bias Tire - 25x10-12 front) Any recommendation on street tires something that might hook a little better?

What suspension would be best for street set up , right now im running stock shocks , stock stance , with modded aluminum axle ( dont know if it might be to light to grab traction  ) 

Alright thanks man yea i ordered that in yesterday thats a forsure

Thats what i was worried about i mean at times i would run at top speed maybe for a good 5 to 7 min passing vehicles on the freeway speed limit 65 than goes to 75 far out i mean i dont like leaving it too long on the throttle so i chill at 65 to 75 sometimes but mainly would be hitting about 45 around the city . 

Trust me man i know about that in 2 weeks spent 2500 when i first got my bike , so im more careful on how i spend haha. Itll drain quick 

well considering its a street bike.. technically the wider the stance the more stable its going to be....

You could go as far as +3 arms and extended axle  upgraded shocks will greatly help prevent body roll and smoother power transition if you get on it.

You are going to be limited when it rains as far as traction goes, these bikes like to float at higher speeds because they are light... and running cookie cutter tires can kind of suck any other time

For tires you have plenty of options.. gold speeds  or even some hoosiers ..  you would just have to look at what options would be best.

Also considering your doing mostly road...  try and find a place that can balance your tires on the rims or look up balancing beads or what not...  I think that would pay off in a lot of ways

Edited by ride.race.live
  • Like 1

Is this something that might work out  A-Arms Sport Style +2+1 - Yamaha Banshee ?

What shocks are recommend? 

Haha yeah gone through that to many times when its raining traction's shit , still possible but you gotta be too careful.

And for balancing out the tires i gotta question on that .

So when i had bought brand new tires for the shee everything was good until i started to see the left tire losing traction dramatically way worst than the right so i though maybe the tires at an angle and is getting dragged at an angle so i had that guy tweek it but by that time the left tire didnt have any tread for me to see any improvement while on the other hand the right side has about 50% life maybe more .

I ran it like that for another month or so till the motor blew on me .

i mean i didnt blow the tire so im guessing maybe it was evening itself out ?

Any suggestions on that?

Will balancing out the tires help that out ?

and when i say tweek it i mean the front where it allows the tire to move inward and outward 

Edited by fckawhipboughtabanshee

Started taking apart the shee today and ran into an issue .

Got the cylinder heads, cylinder blocks, clutch cable disconnected all that good stuff but cannot take off the flywheel nut that shits a B**** Its lefty to turn loose right ? Even tried hitting with a hammer heated up the bolt a bit was recommended to do that by a buddy. Still nothing . 

Probably stripping the bolt more than anything...

I left the engine in the frame to take off the flywheel ,stator ,water pump ,clutch ,etc.. but can't get pass that damn flywheel .

Any suggestions?

Edited by fckawhipboughtabanshee