521 Cub carbs questions

Not a hobby for the faint walleted. 

Very true I know that, I’ve got over 2k in this motor so far and it’ll be almost 3k with the new carbs and clutch setup. But it’ll be worth it when I smoke my buddy’s big KTM 2 stroke lol. Almost had him on ported stock cylinders, but I’ll get him now for sure!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Definitely start hunting for different pipes. Those FMF's on there will not move the kind of heat that motor needs, so keep an eye on plugs. You may end up having to make it a tad rich to keep temps down. 

Ahh, I didn’t even think about that honestly I just figured it was a power restriction. Do you still have those CPIs?

1 hour ago, Derpy Drifter said:

Ahh, I didn’t even think about that honestly I just figured it was a power restriction. Do you still have those CPIs?

No CPI's that would work on that. I do have a set of big bore in frame shearers that would work on there. 

The bansheehq fb swap and sell page will yield you some BB pipes. If it were me I wouldn't even wanna run those fmfs on there lol Would be like you trying to blow a golf ball  through a coffee straw

Edited by Ayesully810

The bansheehq fb swap and sell page will yield you some BB pipes. If it were me I wouldn't even wanna run those fmfs on there lol Would be like you trying to blow a golf ball  through a coffee straw

You’re right, I don’t really want to either. However if the time comes for our annual trip to Haspin acres for Memorial Day weekend and that’s the only thing I haven’t gotten, you can bet your ass I’m going riding lol. I think we’ve all been at that point of being dead set on riding and not letting anything stop us right!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a 521 at haspin, there might be one spot you can open it up and that would be the short drag strip.

well if you are running fmfs, you should be fine with that much chokage of the engine. Chris Brown choked Rihanna less than you are choking this engine.

LOLOLOLOLOL that has me rolling. Buddy of mine was talking about beats headphones while back and said you know it should be beats by brown

I run 180 mains in my 39's. I like it a little rich. I usually dont touch my carbs all year around. I'm also just remembered im not qualified to give advice on this stuff due to ignorance. Keep that in mind.

We like to say that at my work. “I’m not qualified to help you with that. I don’t make enough for that!” Haha. Anyway though I’d rather be a tad rich too, makes for easier starting and personally gives me a little more peace of mind on such an expensive set of pistons and domes. Plus I run Champion RN2C plugs, which seem to be very clean burning. I’ve knowingly ran them a bit too rich for a decent amount of time and they weren’t even close to fouling up. Unlike the NGK BR8ES plugs I use to run, they seem to foul up easy. Just my opinion

58 minutes ago, Derpy Drifter said:

We like to say that at my work. “I’m not qualified to help you with that. I don’t make enough for that!” Haha. Anyway though I’d rather be a tad rich too, makes for easier starting and personally gives me a little more peace of mind on such an expensive set of pistons and domes. Plus I run Champion RN2C plugs, which seem to be very clean burning. I’ve knowingly ran them a bit too rich for a decent amount of time and they weren’t even close to fouling up. Unlike the NGK BR8ES plugs I use to run, they seem to foul up easy. Just my opinion

Y THA FUK U RUN CHAMPION?

DOOON DO DAT