What is this leak?

Really wasn't that hard tbh. Can't say for sure if I used my thumb but I covered the hole with my finger and that's what I felt. Should I do it with both sides unplugged?cause I did one then the other 

Would act pretty much the same but I would do it with one plug in, one plug out, then swap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Piston goes up, compression.

Piston goes down, intake.

Compression pushes fuel charge out.

Intake draws fuel in.

Those are your basics. But you said you understood that part already.

You need fuel, air, compression and ignition for a motor to start. Or turn on as you call it.

Just now, spurdy said:

Would act pretty much the same but I would do it with one plug in, one plug out, then swap.

That's what I did, and my left side (choke side) blew air  and my right side sucked air in. If that's not normal could my right side be blown or something like that? Cause it definitely felt different. Maybe not suction but it  stuttered air in or something like that

1 minute ago, spurdy said:

Piston goes up, compression.

Piston goes down, intake.

Compression pushes fuel charge out.

Intake draws fuel in.

Those are your basics. But you said you understood that part already.

You need fuel, air, compression and ignition for a motor to start. Or turn on as you call it.

Definitely don't understand it like that.. lol. But when I kick, how does that affect my piston? A kick brings it up and down? Or does it only bring it up on one side down on the other? Don't really understand that part

Definitely don't understand it like that.. lol. But when I kick, how does that affect my piston? A kick brings it up and down? Or does it only bring it up on one side down on the other? Don't really understand that part

Manually kicking the kickstarter only causes the motor to rotate through its normal motion. The kickstarter gear rotated the secondary gear which rotates the primary gear attached to the end of your crankshaft. The more times you kick, the more rotations your crankshaft makes.

Just now, spurdy said:

As your crankshaft rotates your pistons move up and down. On a twin cylinder one piston is at TDC while the other is at BDC.

In that sense they should alternate with every kick? Blow compression one kick and intake one kick?

Well that's not my case. Like I said right side was only intaking and the left side was compressing

Not exactly sure how that is even possible in any situation.

So, if that is truly an accurate assessment of your motor, it is going to have to be taken apart to allow further investigation. I'd begin with removing the head.

But I can't help but lean toward a mis diagnoses of compression at this point. Since you don't have a gauge.

• Like 1

Just now, spurdy said:

Not exactly sure how that is even possible in any situation.

So, if that is truly an accurate assume that of your motor, it is going to have to be taken apart to allow further investigation. I'd begin with removing the head.

But I can't help but lean toward a mis diagnoses of compression at this point. Since you don't have a gauge.

I'll take the plugs off again tomorrow and check to make sure but I'm almost certain that's what I felt. I'll see if I can find somewhere with comp gauges near me 

I'll take the plugs off again tomorrow and check to make sure but I'm almost certain that's what I felt. I'll see if I can find somewhere with comp gauges near me 

Any auto parts store should have an inexpensive compression gauge.

It should come with a few different tips. You need the one that matches your spark plug threaded part for an accurate reading.

But for this exercise, accuracy is a luxury you can do without. You just need to see if you have adequate compression on both sides.

If you have a hole in a piston, you would have low compression. But it also would have trouble on the intake stroke too.

• Like 1

Oh boy, man, honestly, you need a knowledgeable HANDS ON guy in your area. This shit is being explained down to the basics and you are not getting it yet. Nothing personal at all, but you need more than explanations at this point. We can help you find someone I am sure. I know a few FL guys that can probably point you in the right direction. You need real life help

Giving away "TSS" for FREE!!!

8 hours ago, rjdgriff said:

Oh boy, man, honestly, you need a knowledgeable HANDS ON guy in your area. This shit is being explained down to the basics and you are not getting it yet. Nothing personal at all, but you need more than explanations at this point. We can help you find someone I am sure. I know a few FL guys that can probably point you in the right direction. You need real life help

Giving away "TSS" for FREE!!!

I mean I got an understanding of it, but something's just not right with my quad right now. I will check compression a little later today. Only person that I can go to for help is my buddy he's usually the one I go to when I've reached a point I can't get past but he's a busy guy. Thing is I want to understand my machine, I want to be able to figure this out, with help from you guys I'm sure it's possible.. just need some patience from you all lmao

• Like 1